PIP 2022

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    loulou3082 said: How long will I be waiting for the decision to be made. Thank you 
    Up to 12 weeks.
  • loulou3082
    loulou3082 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    calcotti said:
    loulou3082 said: How long will I be waiting for the decision to be made. Thank you 
    Up to 12 weeks.
    Ok thank you
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    You are welcome @loulou3082. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to help please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
  • Azanya
    Azanya Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Hi everyone, I made my initial call on the 18th May & had my assessment call today.  I suffer with severe anxiety & depression.  I think my call went well & with the help of my daughter we were able to get a lot of my problems across. 
    The assessor said that I had done well, but in my position I don’t know whether that’s a good thing or not? 

• david91
    david91 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Azanya said:
    Hi everyone, I made my initial call on the 18th May & had my assessment call today.  I suffer with severe anxiety & depression.  I think my call went well & with the help of my daughter we were able to get a lot of my problems across. 
    The assessor said that I had done well, but in my position I don’t know whether that’s a good thing or not? 

I was also told I did well in the assessment, and had my partner there helping out throughout and answering questions. She also had a chat with the assessor herself about what she helps me with and the toll it has etc. Then when the assessment came through, the assessor stated that I said my partner was present but she didn't hear her and she didn't speak at all throughout the assessment. Just barefaced lieing. I managed to scrape through with the lower rate of the daily living allowance with 8 points. I was going to appeal, but didn't want to put myself through that again unfortunately. Good luck with yours. 
  • sueh1966
    sueh1966 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    I first applied on the 7th July I had my assessment the end of August received a text to say I have been awarded Pip on the 16th September my first payment is on the 13th October I rang to see what I had been awarded and it is enhanced living and standard mobility just waiting for the letter and back payment I found the whole process hard and distressing.
  • loulou3082
    loulou3082 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Yes I had my assessment on 31st August I received a text saying a decision hadn’t been made. 
    I’m glad you received your decision and it definitely is a stressful process x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Another really insightful and supportive thread. Thanks everyone for contributing to the supportive and friendly space.

If anyone needs any further support please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you and wish you the best of luck  :)
  • sanam13
    sanam13 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    Hi everyone new to scope but i have been reading alot of comments here well cutting long story short i suffer from mental health an recently suffered a heart attack diagnosed afib..applied may got a txt they received forms 28.6.2022 got another txt 11.8.2022 file with pip assesors nothing since then, called today and the lady offered me an appointment for assesment is this normal?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,312 Championing
    sanam13 said:
    Hi everyone new to scope but i have been reading alot of comments here well cutting long story short i suffer from mental health an recently suffered a heart attack diagnosed afib..applied may got a txt they received forms 28.6.2022 got another txt 11.8.2022 file with pip assesors nothing since then, called today and the lady offered me an appointment for assesment is this normal?

Yes perfectly normal. Most people have assessments which can be by telephone, video call or face to face at a health assessment centre. Once this is completed they will write the report, return it to DWP and a decision will take 2-12 weeks from that point.
  • sanam13
    Thank you poppy123456 was quite worried as the lady on the phone said because you called we will give u an appointment an i did opt for f2f.. fingers crossed it goes well heard alot of horror stories and my anxiety doesnt help either x
  • Azanya
    Hi All, since my last post I’ve now received a text from DWP saying that ‘We have not made a decision on your PIP claim’.
    Is this a normal text? Anyone with any experience of receiving one of these?
    I received it on Weds morning? 
    Thanks 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    Azanya said:
    Hi All, since my last post I’ve now received a text from DWP saying that ‘We have not made a decision on your PIP claim’.
    Is this a normal text? 
    Yes, it’s a normal text. There are numerous threads about it on the forum.
  • sanam13
    Hi everyone so i had a assesment today it was originally f2f but got cancelled to fone call with which i was ok, then i get the call 30 minutes late, and he asked alot of questions after 1 hour he asked me ami suicidal still as i suffer mental health as well as physical so i said yes i still feel suicidal for which he then said i will terminate this call as a nurse i need to know u r safw 
  • Azanya
    Azanya said:

I all well I received my decision through the post today & I’ve been denied PIP on both Daily Living & Mobility.

I’ve been in tears ever since & the thing that upset me most was when I turned the page over & saw that I’d been scored 0 on every single category! Not one point for anything :(

During the phone call assessment I thought things had gone well & that I’d got my points across to him. However, now I feel like he was just being pleasant & mocking me with his comments, laughing & scoring me zero on everything!! I told him how I can’t leave the house on my own/travel etc. My children have to take care of running house/budgeting etc…the list goes on, but scored 0 on everything.
    Are the assessors medically trained? 

I literally feel lower than ever right now & I don’t know where to go from here? What do I do now?
  • poppy123456
    @Azanya Some assessors will have some medical knowledge as some are either nurses, physiotherapists or paramedics. What they don't need to have is medical knowledge of any specific conditions because PIP isn't about a diagnosis.
    You can challenge that decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) You have 1 month (13 months with good reason) to do this and you should put it in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    You should include a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Just telling them you can't complete an activity and you need help and support isn't enough. You need to tell them why you can't do it.
    The most likely outcome of the MR will be the decision remains the same. If this happens you can proceed to Tribunal. Timescales for MR decisions is between 2-12 weeks.
    It would help to have some knowledge of the PIP descriptors and what they mean before proceeding further. Have a look at this. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria
    You can also get some expert advice from an agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Azanya
    Hi Poppy, thank you so much for getting back to me!  
    I definitely want to request an MR then! Can I request a copy of the ‘Medical Assessor’s’ report then? I really want to see how he scored me 0 on every category!
    I think I’ll need to see this to show examples of why I should be awarded the points.  I made it very clear during the call, why I had the issues, how it made me feel & the consequences etc. but I don’t think he listened to me! I wish I’d asked for a recorded call! Thanks, Claire
  • poppy123456
    Azanya said:
    Hi Poppy, thank you so much for getting back to me!  
    I definitely want to request an MR then! Can I request a copy of the ‘Medical Assessor’s’ report then? I really want to see how he scored me 0 on every category!
    I think I’ll need to see this to show examples of why I should be awarded the points.  I made it very clear during the call, why I had the issues, how it made me feel & the consequences etc. but I don’t think he listened to me! I wish I’d asked for a recorded call! Thanks, Claire

You don't need the assessment report to request the MR because it can cause quite a distraction to what you should focus on. The assessor wouldn't have scored you any points, only a decision maker can do this. The assessor will make recommendations. You can see the reason for the scores in the decision letter.
    The examples should come from your life and how you manage daily tasks with detailing exactly what happened the last time you attempted each activity that applies to you.
    Recording the call wouldn't have helped either because you can't use the recording unless it's professionally transcribed.
  • Azanya
    Thank you so much Poppy!

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    Hi @sanam13 :) I'm sorry for the delay in our reply to you. I've just sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk to see how we can support you.

Have you heard anything from them since the assessment?