PIP 2022

Comments

• Teresawhite_76
    Teresawhite_76 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi everyone , I had my assessment this morning at 11 and just got a text saying they have my report , is this normal thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,315 Championing
    Hi everyone , I had my assessment this morning at 11 and just got a text saying they have my report , is this normal thank you 

Yes perfectly normal. Once it's written, there's no reasons to hold onto it.
  • Teresawhite_76
    Thank you ,1st time applying x
  • persikaproudfoot
    persikaproudfoot Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    I’ve been called a few times over the past week or so . I was called to confirm my address and if i had a tenancy agreement at said address followed by lots of other questions . (Yesterday, 3rd march)

my support worker was told that my award letter has been sent out no idea what I’ve been awarded as it’s not on their system yet . 

patiently waiting now.
  • niknak7278
    niknak7278 Community member Posts: 85 Empowering
    What happens to GP reports if they are received after a decision has been made?

GP did a home visit for a different reason then pulls out IAS PIP report to complete.

• poppy123456
    It will be added to the file and if it gets to Tribunal everything is then sent to HMCTS as part of the bundle, which you will also receive.
  • niknak7278
    niknak7278 Community member Posts: 85 Empowering
    Thank you @poppy123456
  • Bethjaneb
    Bethjaneb Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi I applied for PIP at the beginning of July 2021 and I had my assessment on 7th Jan 2022, I've still not had a decision, I've called DWP a couple of times to try and check progress and they have said its with the decision maker, its really making me anxious as its been over 8 months. Is this an average waiting time at the moment?
  • poppy123456
    Bethjaneb said:
    Hi I applied for PIP at the beginning of July 2021 and I had my assessment on 7th Jan 2022, I've still not had a decision, I've called DWP a couple of times to try and check progress and they have said its with the decision maker, its really making me anxious as its been over 8 months. Is this an average waiting time at the moment?

Sounds normal to me. There's huge backlogs and the estimated timescale from applying to having a decision is about 10 months. From having the assessment to a decision it's between 2-12 weeks.
    There's really nothing more you can do but wait.
  • Teresawhite_76
    hiya a small amount as been put into my account , so I wait for them to send the letter to ask for a reconsideration or can I do it now , I have the copy of the assessors report which to be fair she even missed off medication, how can a physio therapist determine something about mental health 
  • poppy123456
    hiya a small amount as been put into my account , so I wait for them to send the letter to ask for a reconsideration or can I do it now , I have the copy of the assessors report which to be fair she even missed off medication, how can a physio therapist determine something about mental health 

You will need to wait for the decision letter so you can see where exactly you scored those points. The assessment report isn't the decision letter.
    You should put the MR request in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Include a couple of real world incidents of what happened that last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    The assessment provider doesn't need to have any knowledge of any conditions because PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis.
  • Teresawhite_76
    Thank you for replying, I’ll do that then and thank you for your help much appreciate it 
  • diabeticrik
    diabeticrik Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi, all your comments have been a great help in reassuring me throughout the claim process, I do have a question if anyone could help please. I have recieved a letter saying the DWP now have everything they need to make a decision on my pip claim, does anyone know how long it usually takes from this stage. Thanks in advance
  • poppy123456
    Hi, all your comments have been a great help in reassuring me throughout the claim process, I do have a question if anyone could help please. I have recieved a letter saying the DWP now have everything they need to make a decision on my pip claim, does anyone know how long it usually takes from this stage. Thanks in advance

Hi,
    That's a standard letter they send to everyone and i've always wondered why they bother sending it. All it causes is more needless anxiety. A decision can still take anything up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • diabeticrik
    diabeticrik Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Thank you for your reply, it does seem a waste of money and paper.
  • Fonty05
    Fonty05 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Hi 
    This thread is really useful and was hoping someone could help me understand what is going on with my sons (16) PIP claim. He is on DLA but now needs to claim PIP I am his advocate (cant remember the name) so i did his forms
    I sent them back and they were received 15th December 2021
    I have heard or had nothing until I received a letter last week entiltled
    "We now have all the information we need to make a decision" It says they have all they need to make a decsion. Ive not had any phone calls, texts or letters prior to this. So does it mean he doesnt need an assessment? Is that a good or a bad thing? This is all a bit stressful 🙈
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi @Fonty05 it appears he has had a paper based assessment from what you have said and no other assessment will be needed this is rare bit does happen 

It doesn't mean anything but majority of paper based lead to an award 

The decision can take anything from 2 to 12 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    Fonty05 said:
    Hi 
    This thread is really useful and was hoping someone could help me understand what is going on with my sons (16) PIP claim. He is on DLA but now needs to claim PIP I am his advocate (cant remember the name) so i did his forms
    "We now have all the information we need to make a decision" It says they have all they need to make a decsion. Ive not had any phone calls, texts or letters prior to this. So does it mean he doesnt need an assessment? Is that a good or a bad thing? This is all a bit stressful 🙈

It means that no assessment is needed and they've completed a paper based assessment. Once a decision's been made as his appointee you will receive the decision letter. His DLA will end and then his PIP will start around 7 weeks after the decision's made, if awarded.
    The letter you received is a standard letter and rather a waste of paper in all honesty. A decision can still take between 2-12 weeks. You whole timescales has been extremely quick compared to a lot of people.
  • Fonty05
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @Fonty05 it appears he has had a paper based assessment from what you have said and no other assessment will be needed this is rare bit does happen 

It doesn't mean anything but majority of paper based lead to an award 

The decision can take anything from 2 to 12 weeks 
    Thankyou... I didnt realise this was a rare thing. To be honest I dont really understand it. I found the forms tricky 
  • Fonty05
    Fonty05 said:
    Hi 

It means that no assessment is needed and they've completed a paper based assessment. Once a decision's been made as his appointee you will receive the decision letter. His DLA will end and then his PIP will start around 7 weeks after the decision's made, if awarded.
    The letter you received is a standard letter and rather a waste of paper in all honesty. A decision can still take between 2-12 weeks. You whole timescales has been extremely quick compared to a lot of people.
    Thankyou for the information. Back to waiting 😊