PIP 2022

Comments

• sanam13
    sanam13 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    @Tori_Scope no not heard anything 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    That sounds frustrating @sanam13. Do you know when you might hear something?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
  • sanam13
    Hi all so today i recived a txt saying my assesment has been done via paper as the phone call was distressing so i requested a paper based so today they have txt and said that its done and has been sent back to dwp fingers crossed for a good outcome i hope they take into account the phone call they made too x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Thanks for your update @sanam13. It sounds positive that your assessment has been done via paper as you requested.

Hopefully, you will have a good outcome. Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need any support in the meantime  :)
  • sanam13
    Thnx @L_Volunteer will update x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello there @scottwm and thanks for posting, I'm glad you've been finding the community helpful. How are you holding up at the moment?

I remember when I applied for PIP myself, sometimes the waiting is harder to go through than the assessment, but you've done everything you need to, so well done for getting to this point!

Is there anything you like to do that might help take your mind off things for a bit? :) 
  • Alex_Alumni
    It's good to know it's being looked at by a case worker @scottwm :) 

I know that they sometimes send out a text letting applicants know if they've been successful, but not everyone gets a text.

The decision letter, when it does come through, will explain the exact levels of your award, if it's successful. 

Some people find that the money comes through before their letter, so it might be worth keeping an eye on your bank account in case of any changes. 

And I've just checked the latest on the Royal Mail website:
    "The CWU has announced it is withdrawing planned strike action on the 12 and 14 November and advised they will be notifying us of further dates later in the month."

Hopefully that will help!

Keep us up to date with how you get on, and fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you.
  • sueh1966
    sueh1966 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Hi I received a text saying I had been awarded Pip before I received a letter. I rang the pip helpline to be told on the automated what day I would have my first payment and how much.i know exactly how you feel my anxiety was awful I hope you hear soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,312 Championing
    scottwm said:
    I don't really leave the house due to anxiety issues mainly so just kind of existing. I called pip today, they told me it's no longer in a que but with a case worker and should be another week. Shame they don't send a text out or something when they've made a decision, with all the postal strikes coming up who knows when I'll get a letter. It's all very frustrating isn't it.

The person you spoke to shouldn't tell you it should be another week before a decision is made. The call centre staff have no idea when a decision will be made. If a decision isn't made within the next week, you will be left panicking because you haven't had the decision.
    A decision can take 2-12 weeks after the assessment report is returned. So please try not to worry if the decision isn't made in the next week.
  • sanam13
    Hi everyone so ive been waiting to hear from dwp about the outcome of my pip..so i gathered up courage and called pip today after 1 hour 26 minutes wait my call was answered the gentlman asked security questions an i requested the report also asked if there was any update..he replied that dwp asked my gp for a report which i found rather weird as assesment had been done so why ask for a report after dwp recived the assesment report very confused and anxious anxiety is not letting me relax..
  • Alex_Alumni
    Hi @sanam13 and thanks for reaching out, I know it's not easy to stop worrying, but remember that you've done everything that you need to do :)

They are just trying to gather as much information as they can, so that they can make an informed decision. Did they mention anything else over the phone?

Try and focus on things which help you manage your anxiety if you can, do you have any favourite coping methods?
  • sanam13
    Thanx @alex_scope no nothing jus that the doctors report was recived today..i try not to think about it but anxiety jus keeps growing.
  • sanam13
    Uodate so recived the report today and am quiet angry as not got any points for mobilty and daily living well they add upto 11 although the toilet needs were not considered..
    But not got the decion as yet due to the dwp askung my gp for a report before making decision,do they always go with the assesors report and recommendation?
  • poppy123456
    Mostly yes but not always. It has been known for them to go against it.
  • poppy123456
    scottwm said:
    Afternoon, hope all are doing good  Ok so, called pip today (Thursday), woman said a decision had been made last Saturday, have a feeling it's not good news though because I've had nothing in my bank account, royal mail strikes sat and Mon so prob wont get the letter till mid next week. Any thoughts anyone?

We can only guess what that decision could be. If it's a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA then money should be in your bank before you receive the decision letter, which should be 3-5 working days after payment is sent.
    All you can do is wait for the decision letter. If you disagree you can challenge that by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration within one month of the date of the decision.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    scottwm said:
    Afternoon, hope all are doing good  Ok so, called pip today (Thursday), woman said a decision had been made last Saturday, have a feeling it's not good news though because I've had nothing in my bank account, royal mail strikes sat and Mon so prob wont get the letter till mid next week. Any thoughts anyone?
    Any comments would be guessing. You will not know until you get the letter or a payment arrives.
  • poppy123456
    scottwm said:
    Does anyone know how long a payment takes from when the decision is made? Just trying to figure it I would've had a payment by now. When I phoned today it didn't say anything about a next payment date etc either

3-5 working days from when payment is sent.
  • sueh1966
    sueh1966 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    I had a text to say I had been awarded Pip I had the money from when I first claimed back 7 days later then my 4 weekly payments started 5 weeks later. I did check on the automated service when my payments would start and how much I would receive. My letter took about 3 weeks to arrive.
  • poppy123456
    scottwm said:
    sueh1966 said:
    I had a text to say I had been awarded Pip I had the money from when I first claimed back 7 days later then my 4 weekly payments started 5 weeks later. I did check on the automated service when my payments would start and how much I would receive. My letter took about 3 weeks to arrive.
    Ok so still some hope they might have awarded me pip then. I did mention the text, they said not everyone gets a text, which I find strange. Maybe it depends on region or decision maker?

If they have a mobile number for you then they usually do send a text once the decision is made. I haven't heard of anyone receiving a text with a refusal.
  • poppy123456
    scottwm said:
    Got my letter today, scored me 0 on everything. I hardly leave my house due to anxiety, when I do I don't get out my car, my partner manages the bills cuz I can't, obese through medication, but scored zero. Thanks dwp for making life that much worse

You can challenge that decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) You should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points.
    MR decision timescales are 2-12 weeks. If that decision doesn't change you can proceed to Tribunal.