PIP 2022

Comments

• niknak7278
    niknak7278 Community member Posts: 85 Empowering
    Thanks @treborsenoj you too! X
  • treborsenoj
    treborsenoj Community member Posts: 50 Contributor
    Hi all. So I’ve just had a call from a freephone number and it was DWP. Went through security asked about some dates I was in hospital. I broke down with emotion. She advised pip has been awarded but couldn’t discuss details. She said I would receive a letter in 1-2 weeks. She also asked if I would be ok with a lump sump overpayment. Will update you “when” I receive the letter. Hope everyone is ok and having a good day :) 
  • niknak7278
    Well done @treborsenoj for getting through that call, It’s never easy but you did it.

• treborsenoj
    Thanks @niknak7278 it was hard but did get through it and it was good news as well. 😊
  • Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    @treborsenoj congratulations finally the awful wait is over for you 
  • treborsenoj
    @Bleulagoon thankfully it is. I’m still staying on this forum so I can try and help others though 
  • Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I just called them for an update there now saying up to 8 weeks it’s been assigned to a decision maker but not yet looked at 😩🙄
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon I would give it a few weeks now. Try and focus on something else. I know that’s hard as it was constantly on my mind. Reach out if you need any support :) 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • treborsenoj
    @Hampstead hope your at the final stages too. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. 😊
  • [Deleted User]
  • niknak7278
    Welcome @Hampstead, your in good company.

Glad your finding this thread beneficial, @treborsenoj will be pleased. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • chambm222
    chambm222 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I rang today and got good news too . Back payment has been processed they wouldn’t say the amount . But the automated system told me my monthly amount and the date of the next payment. I’ve got higher rate for mobility and lower rate for personal care . It’s the first time I’ve ever claimed any form of benefits and it’s definitely been a rollercoaster. It will help a lot as we have gone from 2 wages to 1 . Happy is an understatement. I just have work to finalise my pay protection/ early medical retirement and we will be all good again . 
  • treborsenoj
    @chambm222 Great news! What’s the automated system you refer to? 
  • [Deleted User]
  • chambm222
    I just rang the pip number , I went through security . And it said your next pip payment date is 23rd of February and it said the amount I was getting x
  • chambm222
    0800 121 4433 That’s the number I called . They will be closed now . But if you ring I. The morning first thing go through the auto mated security and it will tell you your amount and your next payment date . Hope this helps xx
  • treborsenoj
    @chambm222 thank you :) 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 364 Empowering
    Well done you @treborsenoj..Good News to start the new year.