• Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    thank you xx
  • treborsenoj
    treborsenoj Community member Posts: 50 Contributor
    @bluelagoon take care. Glad it’s all been sorted for you :) x
  • Bleulagoon
    @treborsenoj did you receive a letter telling you your award and period or did they tell you when you called them. Iv tried to call this automated line people mention but doesn’t say anything to me xxx
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon I still haven’t received my award letter. I called the follow day and the agent read the letter to me xx
  • Bleulagoon
    Brilliant il do that tommorrow or hopefully the report my come tomorrow and could work out myself xxx
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon let me know how you get on xx
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Hi all after reading all the above - I was going to wait till my sick pay at work finishes (6 months on half pay now) do you think i should apply now or wait - confused dot com ! ha ha 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    SueHeath said:
    Hi all after reading all the above - I was going to wait till my sick pay at work finishes (6 months on half pay now) do you think i should apply now or wait - confused dot com ! ha ha 
    PIP is not means tested so savings/capital and earnings do not affect the amount you maybe entitled to.
  • SueHeath
    Thanks @poppy123456 i think i'd better start looking into it, I've never made any claims before and this last diagnosis has made me realise that it's about time i retired (early) 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    edited January 2022
    SueHeath said:
    Sue, I've posted a comment re new style ESA in your other thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/87920/hi-my-name-is-sueheath#latest

As regards PIP, if you think you are eligible there is no reason to wait. Bear in mind that claims can take up to 10 months to decide anyway.
  • SueHeath
    Hi @calcotti i am very lucky that the contract on my job pays 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay. That is why i thought i would have to wait to go through any of the claims system.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    SueHeath said:
    Hi @calcotti i am very lucky that the contract on my job pays 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay. That is why i thought i would have to wait to go through any of the claims system.
    You don’t. PIP is not mean so tested, nor is new style ESA but the ESA cannot be received until your 28 week SSP entitlement has ended.
  • SueHeath
    Okay i will look into it thanks for the advise.
  • jasem1994
    jasem1994 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I had my assement on thr 12th too but still not had any decision yet hopiing I have soon
  • treborsenoj
    @jasem1994 decisions can be 2-12 weeks. It all depends on your area and the work load of the decision maker. Hope you get a decision soon. Keep us updated :)
  • ktlous
    ktlous Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Hi All. 
    Just thought I’d give my story - 
    I started my claim on 12th Sept 2021. Had my telephone consultation on 14th Jan 2022 lasting 55mins. 
    Text message advising they’d received my written report on 17th Jan - text message advised it will take up to 8 weeks to hear back. No news yet (I wouldn’t expect any news yet as it’s only just over 2 weeks and by the sounds of it, a massive backlog). 
    I will update with any news as soon as I have it. 
  • treborsenoj
    @ktlous good luck with the process :) 
  • ktlous
    I’ve just called the PIP telephone number to request a copy of the assessment notes. 
    The lady on the phone said that it looks as though a decision has been made today but it’s not yet on her system so she was unable to let me know the outcome. 
    I have to call back again tomorrow. 
  • treborsenoj
    @ktlous great news. Let me know how you get on. My decision was made on the 24th January. I received my back pay today in the bank. Still haven’t received the decision letter. 
  • ktlous
    @treborsenoj
    Gosh, that’s a long wait for the decision letter! 
    I’m keeping my fingers crossed, thank you. 
    I don’t think I’ll call them back. I will just ride the waves and see what happens. 
    I will update you if and when something happens ☺️