Applied 8/9
    Text receipt 13/10
    waiting…………

• treborsenoj
    treborsenoj Community member Posts: 50 Contributor
    @niknak7278 have you not had your assessment yet 
  • niknak7278
    niknak7278 Community member Posts: 85 Empowering
    @treborsenoj It’s for my adult daughter, but no, no assessment yet.
  • treborsenoj
    @niknak7278 I would give them a call. Let me know how you get on xx
  • chambm222
    chambm222 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I applied March 2021: they said they lost my claim form and then found it June 2021. They accepted the claim and said they sent to assessment people. They said it would take 12 weeks  . It didn’t reach them . I called again October and it had got stuck on the system . So they sent it again . I had my assessment 18 jan 22 , the next day I received a text to say the case manager had received the report and I would here something within 8 weeks . 
    My question is if the claim is awarded will it get back dated till the date I requested the form (March) or from June when they accepted the claim ? X
  • niknak7278
    @treborsenoj my husbands review took 8 months; our area is a waiting game.
  • treborsenoj
    @niknak7278 OMG 😳 it’s all a waiting game isn’t it xx
  • niknak7278
    @treborsenoj 💯 that’s why it’s important that we read, and keep reading these threads. Keeps everything into perspective. X
  • treborsenoj
    @niknak7278 this form as helped me so much. It’s real and the members are so lovely 
  • Tiredmum42
    Tiredmum42 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Hi I applied for my son at the end of August/start of September. I know my report is with the assessor and I’ve had a copy. I haven’t had any contact to say they have all they need so not sure if they need to do any more. When I asked for my report they told me a decision takes 4-6 weeks. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    Hi I applied for my son at the end of August/start of September. I know my report is with the assessor and I’ve had a copy. I haven’t had any contact to say they have all they need so not sure if they need to do any more. When I asked for my report they told me a decision takes 4-6 weeks. 

Question was answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/88012/pip-letter#latest

• treborsenoj
    @Tiredmum42 I guess it’s a sit and wait like most members. Let me know how you get on. Have a great day 
  • Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hello so I have just called and requested my report to be sent out to me does anybody know when I should receive it? X
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon mine took 5 days - remember it’s just a recommendation 
  • treborsenoj
    I plucked courage up to call for an update. Waited 40 mins and spoke with an advisor. He said it’s with the DM and they should have have made a decision in the next few days, he went on to say “however, the decision letter can take 1-2 weeks to arrive. That’s on par with what they told me of 2-4 weeks when I last rang. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,121 Connected
    Hello so I have just called and requested my report to be sent out to me does anybody know when I should receive it? X
    They advise up to 10 working days, so that takes you to the 9th of Feb but then factor in postal delays. However, hopefully it arrives sooner. 

He said it’s with the DM and they should have have made a decision in the next few days, he went on to say “however, the decision letter can take 1-2 weeks to arrive. 
    You spoke to an outsourced contact centre, not DWP remember so take what they say with a pinch of salt. It may be with a DM but factor in the DMs workload etc. a few days is optimistic to say the least. 

If awarded, backpay tends to go into your bank before you receive the decision letter. 
  • treborsenoj
    @MarkM88 thank you for your comment. I agree and i take everything with a pinch of salt 😊
  • Tiredmum42
    Tiredmum42 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Hi  to answer Bianca, my report arrived within 2 days which was a surprise as they told me 5-10 days. 
    @treborsenoj glad to hear that things are moving along for you now. Fingers crossed. 
  • niknak7278
    Good morning @treborsenoj received the standard text message this morning confirming receipt of written report.  

I won’t be asking for a copy of the report unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Try to keep yourself busy. X
  • treborsenoj
    @niknak7278 sometimes seeing the report can cause further anxiety. It’s a sit and wait game now. Keep me posted. Have a lovely day :)