PIP 2022

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello @ella65 I'm sorry to hear what's been happening, I'm not surprised that you're feeling frustrated and anxious about it. It's difficult not to worry when we can't see the whole picture, or know everything that's going on. 

I am glad that your CBT therapist got in touch with you, and I hope the conversation with them was helpful for you. It sounds as though they understand how things are impacting your ability to manage tasks day to day, so I'm hopefully they can support your application too.

You've explained really well about how you're not using CBT to fix everything and make it go away, more to accept how you are feeling and find strategies to cope and manage things. In the same way people use walking or driving aids. 

Hopefully they will agree, and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you. We'll be here to support and advise you whatever the outcome. In the meantime, if you can, try to focus on things you enjoy, anything that helps distract you while you wait. 

Don't hesitate to ask if anything else comes up!

Alex
  • ella65
    ella65 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    My therapist rang me back to tell me what they’d asked as I’d emailed her .. it was confirming what I’d been struggling with and the things we’d been covering in the sessions. And they also asked if they knew about my ADHD diagnosis (which they do) so she confirmed my diagnosis date etc.. she said the lady sounded postive and it seemed to be a case of building a more robust case…
    My only slight worry is that they asked if she felt I had the cognitive ability to do CBT.. I’m not sure what they’re trying to confirm (read catch me out on!) with that one. I’ve not claimed to be completely incapable mentally, just that lots of things are a struggle to varying degrees so hopefully it’s just that. Fingers crossed…
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    Hopefully it'll be a positive outcome for you @ella65 :) 
  • niknak7278
    niknak7278 Community member Posts: 85 Empowering
    Hello Manchester here!

Applied 8/9
    Text receipt 13/10
    waiting…………

Text receipt of assessment 27/01
    PIP award:  9/02 - Enhance daily living.  Standard Mobility.  
    Review:  July 2024

Going to submit MR for mobility component and length of award due to incorrect statements made in decision.

They quoted LD Nurse saying my daughter can walk miles when she never said any such thing. Daughter cannot walk miles and has been measured for a stair lift.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    edited February 2022
    niknak7278 said: They quoted LD Nurse saying my daughter can walk miles when she never said any such thing. Daughter cannot walk miles and has been measured for a stair lift.
    No point in appealing just because there is an incorrect statement (infuriating though that may be). The important thing to consider is whether the meets the requirements for an enhanced rate of mobility. If you believe she does then you can appeal that but you need to make the case for why she should score the points necessary to get that level of award.

Need for a stairlift is not relevant as PIP only considers the ability to mobilise on the flat.

Appealing the length of the award may be appropriate.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Hi @Hope4today welcome to the group - hope you've had chance to look around.
    It can take a while for the hospital to tweek your drugs bab to help reduce the side affects, 
    hopefully things will be better soon. 
  • niknak7278
    calcotti said:
    niknak7278 said: They quoted LD Nurse saying my daughter can walk miles when she never said any such thing. Daughter cannot walk miles and has been measured for a stair lift.
    No point in appealing just because there is an incorrect statement (infuriating though that may be). The important thing to consider is whether the meets the requirements for an enhanced rate of mobility. If you believe she does then you can appeal that but you need to make the case for why she should score the points necessary to get that level of award.

Need for a stairlift is not relevant as PIP only considers the ability to mobilise on the flat.

Appealing the length of the award may be appropriate.
    Thank you @calcotti I really appreciate your direction.

She scored 10 planning a journey.

They said her short stature doesn’t impact on her physically when it does and requires a lot of help from myself due to CDLS and her inability to process sequencing.

Will definitely appeal the length so thank you again.
  • calcotti
    edited February 2022
    If the 10 points for planning a journey is correct you would need to pick up at least 4 points for moving around which would require that on the majority of days she can stand and then move reliably more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. If she can do more than 200 metres she can’t pick up those extra points 
  • niknak7278
    calcotti said:
    If the 10 points for planning a journey is correct you would need to pick up at least 4 points for moving around which would require that on the majority of days she can stand and then move reliably more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. If she can do more than 200 metres she can’t pick up those extra points 
    Thanks again @calcotti. I obviously didn’t put as much detail into mobility as I did daily living.

Do you know of any examples of well written mandatory reconsideration forms ?
  • calcotti
    There is no magic to it. Explain the difficulty and what happens when the activity is attempted. If it can be done some days but not others then be clear on how many days it is possible.
  • niknak7278
    calcotti said:
    There is no magic to it. Explain the difficulty and what happens when the activity is attempted. If it can be done some days but not others then be clear on how many days it is possible.
    Tell it as it is then.

Can’t thank you enough.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    The most important thing is the real world examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity, at least 2 for each descriptor. Half an A4 page of details explaining what exactly happened, did anyone see it, where it happened and what the consequences were.
  • niknak7278
    Okay so if I’m only requesting an MR for the moving around activity it’s just 2 examples, is that right?
  • poppy123456
    That's correct.
  • daddyvet
    daddyvet Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    @joek97 what number did you ring please
  • poppy123456
    daddyvet said:
    @joek97 what number did you ring please

If you're asking about the PIP enquiry phone number then it's 0800 121 4433
  • persikaproudfoot
    persikaproudfoot Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    edited February 2022
    Hello all 

So I called pip a week ago on Friday (11/02/22) they said that it was with assessments now and to wait .

got a call today (21/02/22) to clarify some details and letter will be in the post 4/6 weeks 

she asked if I have been able to go out which I struggle to do on the best of days I only go to my appointment which is somewhere I’m familiar 

Can anyone clarify what this means 
  • poppy123456
    @persikaproudfoot sounds like they've done a paper based assessment and just needed to ask you a few questions. These are rare but do happen. Once the report has been returned to DWP a decision can take anything up to 12 weeks.
  • persikaproudfoot
    persikaproudfoot Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Ah I see, she said she would write it up and send it off today she said  “dont worry there isn’t anything you can say wrong now” and everything is fine . 
  • Hope4today
    Hope4today Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Is was the same for me. I had a 14 minutes call with a few questions on 5th January. Report was received by DWP on 19th January. Outcome letter and back pay in bank received 4th February. I understand time it takes varies depending on area and workload of the Decision Maker. I live in the Southampton area.