PIP 2022

Comments

• treborsenoj
    treborsenoj Community member Posts: 50 Contributor
    @Justcheckingin15 many thanks. I’m so pleased. This forum abs been so helpful though 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    @chambm222 you sound like your a few months a head of me - will deff look at your comments or ask for advise when i'm in this position x

• treborsenoj
    @chambm222 hope all goes well with you. Reach out if you have any questions about my journey 
  • treborsenoj
    So I called today. The advisor confirmed my back pay would be paid on 2/2. He advised my next payment would be 24/2 and every 4 weeks. The DM went with the assessors recommendation. Wishing everyone good luck. Happy Friday xx
  • Tiredmum42
    Tiredmum42 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Well done @treborsenoj what a relief for you 
  • treborsenoj
    @Tiredmum42 thank you so much. It’s a massive relief. A very long stressful journey but got there in the end xx
  • Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I called again today was told they are still working on assessment from November the 15th which I can’t understand when people had assessment same week
    as mine have had decisions xxx
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon remember you will have called an outsourced call centre agency and don’t always give accurate information. 

Also different areas have different time scales. 

Fingers crossed you hear something soon xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    I called again today was told they are still working on assessment from November the 15th which I can’t understand when people had assessment same week
    as mine have had decisions xxx
    All areas have different timescales and different backlogs. It will also depend on each individual case, sometimes it just takes longer for a decision to be made. Nothing more you can do but wait.
  • Tiredmum42
    @bluelagoon my assessment was sent in the 18th Jan and I was told to expect to wait 4-6 weeks but I know from here it can be anything from 8-12! Best to try and keep busy I suppose. I think it varies by area etc. 
  • Bleulagoon
    I know yes they say my report was received on the 17th January just have to wait and see 
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon my assessment was on the 10th January and decision made yesterday. Good luck with it all xx
  • Bleulagoon
    My assessment was the 12th so only two days difference so hopefully not much longer xxx
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon they do say 2-12 weeks as it depends on the area and work loads. I know from my experience that it will be constantly on your mind. Fingers crossed you get a decision soon. Happy Friday :) 
  • Tiredmum42
    @treborsenoj did you get the award length they recommended in the report too? 
  • treborsenoj
    They awarded 3 years with a review in 18 months which is what’s on my report xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    Generally, review forms are usually sent out 6 months before the award is due to end.
  • treborsenoj
    @poppy123456 the advisor gave me the date of 18 months before but I guess they don’t always give accurate information 
  • Bleulagoon
    Just had a phone call telling me I have been awarded but can’t tell me at what rate but anything is better than nothing 
  • treborsenoj
    @bluelagoon this is fantastic news. Well done. :)