PIP 2022

Comments

• treborsenoj
    treborsenoj Community member Posts: 50 Contributor
    @ktlous so happy for you. Great news x
  • jasem1994
    jasem1994 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    That's great news,  I'm still waiting a decision it is with the DM so hoping its soon
  • treborsenoj
    treborsenoj Community member Posts: 50 Contributor
    @jasem1994 hope all works out for you. Keep us updated :) 
  • jasem1994
    Thank you, im gunna call them see if there's any decision made yet. Fingers crossed guys :-) x
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 364 Empowering
    @jasem1994, Such good news to start 2022.
  • jasem1994
    Just called them still no decision for me yet . Just waiting ..
  • ktlous
    ktlous Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Good luck @jasem1994 fingers crossed for you! 
    Thank you everyone ❤️
  • Bleulagoon
    Bleulagoon Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hi all I received my award letter today and I scored 10 on daily living and 4 on mobility I don’t agree with somethings that where said what do I have to do to ask for mandatory reconsider xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,310 Championing
    Hi all I received my award letter today and I scored 10 on daily living and 4 on mobility I don’t agree with somethings that where said what do I have to do to ask for mandatory reconsider xx

First you need to look at the PIP descriptors to see if you can score more points for a higher award. There's no point requesting the MR if no more points can be scored. Unless you fully understand the PIP descriptors and criteria then get some expert advice from an agency near you before doing anything else. Start here https://advicelocal.uk/

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi @bluelagoon

Sorry to hear you didn't get the award you expected as poppy suggests it maybe time to get some help with the mr 

If you do go ahead you should submit the mr in writing stating the descriptors you think you could score more points and the reason why giving those real examples 

Let us know how you get on 
  • jasem1994
    We called up today, no decision has been made yet  its been 4 weeks since  assesment . Hoping decision is soon. Still got fingers crossed  :-)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Morning all I have just started filling the on line form in for pip - paper work (evidence) all over the place ha ha 
    I think by the time we have ALL filled in this form we deserve to get it - it seems very long winded to me, just hope i've done it right, spent a long time on here looking at all your points and have been to a lot of the sites recommended.
  • persikaproudfoot
    persikaproudfoot Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Hello all, I was hoping if anyone has experienced something similar. I applied on the 4th November sent the form back and received a text on the 19th of November and have not heard anything back since is this just a waiting game or should I give them a ring ? Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Hello all, I was hoping if anyone has experienced something similar. I applied on the 4th November sent the form back and received a text on the 19th of November and have not heard anything back since is this just a waiting game or should I give them a ring ? Thank you

There are huge backlogs of claims at the moment and the estimated timescale from starting a claim to having a decision is about 10 months. It can take several months for your assessment to take place as most people have them.
    At the moment all you can do is wait.
  • joek97
    joek97 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi everyone

im new here but I thought sharing my experience may be some help too someone out their.

I made my claim on 21st October
    had my phone assessment on 24th January followed by a text from dwp on 25th stating they received my report. 
    Today (10th February) I rang to enquire about if a decision was made, firstly upon ringing I went through the automated part to then be (pleasantly) surprised by it telling me my payment dates, I proceeded with the call an the gentlemen told me a decision was made & sent out yesterday, but he explained what I got which was the enhanced rate, and that I was 2 points from daily living but he pretty much advised I do a MR on the daily living part and assured me I’ll still receive payments as usual because I got 12 points so I don’t need the mobility reconsidering at all, another thing worth noting he stressed that you don’t have 1 month to make a MR you actually have 12 months which surprised me (again pleasantly) and then finally he told me the amount & date I will receive my back pay… I feel like I’ve had one off the better experiences with the process but I can’t stress how much I’d urge anyone who feels eligible to atleast try & not give up. Good luck everyone, no more worrying for a decision anymore .😁
  • Hope4today
    Hope4today Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello, I have been reading the posts on this site during my PiP application and found it helpful.
    I started my claim mid August.
    I had a 14 minute call from an assessor saying it was a paper assessment on 5th January. Only asked me a few of the questions. Advised me approximately 8 weeks for decision. On 4th February back pay in my account (only checked because of this forum) a decision letter arrived couple days later.
    I was awarded enhanced on both  :)
    I had provided evidence such as letters Oncologist sent to GP. Carer statement, list of problems from health record.
    I only claimed because a Macmillan CAB advisor suggested it at my local cancer centre..I never really thought PIP was for people going through cancer treatment.
    When I had breast cancer 10 years ago I had chemotherapy radiotherapy and other treatment which was tough but I could still take care of myself.
    Second time around following Mastectomy I was put on a drug to stop the cancer coming back but had side effects of severe bone and joint pain.
    This has affected all areas of my life making me eligible for PIP. I was only awarded 3 years with review to start from July 2023.This is because assessor, in her report said things could change once I finish the treatment. From reading blogs on Macmillan website this is not always the case but I live in hope.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    ..I never really thought PIP was for people going through cancer treatment.
    It all depends on the impact of the cancer and the associated treatment (as well as the length of time the impact may last).
  • ella65
    ella65 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi all,
    some of you my have seen my thread the other day where the DWP told me on the phone I should be awarded but to wait a couple of weeks for letter etc…

fast forward a week and I called asking for a copy of the report (I forgot last week).. and they were about to send but then called me, to say there was a query on it and was back with the assessor…

then today, My cbt therapist called as a nurse from capita called her about me, so guessing this is off the back of the ‘query’… I’ve been through with my therapist my low mood arising from my adhd and poor executive function, my issues with self care and managing day to day tasks so I’m really hoping this will support what I’ve said. 

My only worry is that my anxiety and depression score has eased off since I started CBT so will they say I’m getting better and will be fine 😭 what I’ve been low about is how my conditions affect me..  I said even in my last call though I still just can’t do things that seem easy to others etc…  I’ve been doing cbt as more of an acceptance and trying to stay postive thing and maybe get some tips to help..

gah I hate this process!
  • poppy123456
    It's very easy to over think things but it would be impossible to predict anything at this point. There shouldn't be any issues if you've been honest. Although they rarely contact anyone, it does happen sometimes. They contacted my daughters college when i first claimed for her in 2017 because they needed to verify a few things and there were no issues with that.
    Difficult to do but try and think of something else in the meantime.