DWP confirms it is increasing the automatic extension period of existing PIP awards awaiting review - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP confirms it is increasing the automatic extension period of existing PIP awards awaiting review

Options

Comments

• Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, my original (fought for) award was extended until June 24,the original end date was Nov 23, due to the pandemic. I strongly advise sending your returning documents by 'signed for' delivery. I had to fight them for a year, claiming they didn't recieve my assessment review forms, only to be told, "a day before the tribunal" they'd found my forms.
     Hope it helps!
  • pee14
    pee14 Community member Posts: 172 Courageous
    Options
    @Audinut70
    Makes no difference still could be lost sending by signed for delivery, once sent to sorting department after they have signed for it.
  • Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    edited September 2022
    Options
    When i contacted them after waiting for a decision, they told me they didn't recieve them so had to go through the MR, and they couldn't sent out new forms because I had no proof of sending them. They advised me to use signed for delivery as proof of postage, when sending further correspondence, my proof of my condition and affects, and would then be able to sent out new forms,(should they not recieve them again)as it wasn't my fault them not receiving them. I was aware of at least 6 people I knew had the same "did not recieve" excuses by DWP.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,831 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Audinut70 recorded delivery is nothing more than a waste of money. It doesn’t prove anything other than it’s in the building of Royal Mail sorting office. They will be signed for by someone from Royal Mail, not someone from DWP.
    Mail going to DWP isn’t classed as arriving until it’s been added to the computer.
    All you need is proof of posting, which is free from any post office.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hass
    hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
    Options
      Hi  all 
    I received  a letter last year about an extention will be in 2023.

Law and behold pip said they sent me a letter  that I never received  recently .
    Anyway I got a text message  for a telephone  consultation  on Friday  I don't know what I'm going to say .

• ella1992
    ella1992 Community member Posts: 176 Courageous
    Options
    Can somebody explain as my award ends in May 2023 but in covid it was extended till.2024 I have heard nothing not to worried as my support worker says it won't be this year does all this above apply to min3 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ella1992 said:
    Can somebody explain as my award ends in May 2023 but in covid it was extended till.2024 I have heard nothing not to worried as my support worker says it won't be this year does all this above apply to min3 
    Although your award was extended this would have been because the backlogs. You should still expect your review forms around 6 months before your original award would end. This means that you will likely receive them around November.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ella1992
    ella1992 Community member Posts: 176 Courageous
    Options
    Oh OK but that's not 100% though as there people I no who award runs out begin of 2023 and they haven't had any fourms 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    ella1992 said:
    Oh OK but that's not 100% though as there people I no who award runs out begin of 2023 and they haven't had any fourms 
    If they were awarded by a Tribunal Usually DWP contact them around 14 weeks before to ask if they want to continue with their claim. If they do then they need to ring to request the forms to be sent. 
  • happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 497 Pioneering
    Options
    my award ends the middle of may 2023, so when should i expect my review forms to arrive
  • poppy123456
    Options
    my award ends the middle of may 2023, so when should i expect my review forms to arrive

Usually 6 months before the award ends so likely to be around November 2022.
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ella1992 & @happyfella,

If this helps, my PIP award ends in January 2023 ( it had been extended a year due to COVID ), I got my forms in February this year & had to be back to them 4 weeks later,but I have heard it could be 6 months before your award ends. I have had 2 text messages to say they still have my form & will be progressing with it as soon as they can.
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ella1992 & @happyfella ,

My last post should have said:

I have heard it could be 6 months before your award ends that you receive your review forms.
  • hass
    Options
    Hi I have a telephone  consultation  on Friday  coming ive no idea what to say im in a middle of crisis  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    hass said:
    Hi I have a telephone  consultation  on Friday  coming ive no idea what to say im in a middle of crisis  
    If this is a PIP assessment did you keep a copy of the form you filled in and returned? If so have a read of that before the assessment to remind yourself what you wrote.
    I can’t tell you exactly what to say because I don’t know how your conditions affect you. They will ask you about your conditions and how they affect you. 
    If you didn’t give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted each activity when you filled out the form, then you could write a couple of those down on paper so you have something to refer to during the assessment. 
    Some find it useful to write some additional notes and have that next to you. 
    If it’s a telephone assessment then make sure you have a drink near you and make sure your phone is fully charge, if it’s a mobile. The assessment can last anything from 20-120 minutes, sometimes longer. 
    You can have someone with you whether it’s a phone call or face to face. 

• hass
    Options
    Apparently they sent me a form 
    Its a renewal  but I never received  it 
    I told them about the harassment  from neighbours  etc 
    Anyway they sent me the descriptiors    I can't find my copy 
    But my condition  has worsen 
    My copd is worse 
    My health health 
    I've missed my surgery appointment   pre corvid 

Things are not looking good at the moment

• poppy123456
    Options
    You can still write some notes before the assessment takes place, along with those real world examples i mentioned above.
    Try not to answer the questions with just a yes or no and give as much relevant information as possible.
    Sorry to hear your conditions have got worse.

• hass
    Options
    I have the descriptors  pip sent me them along with the scores 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Many think that about DWP too lol! It takes me two-three times reading over it to make sure I fully understand.
  • tink13
    tink13 Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Options
    My award ends in September 2023 and I’m already having really bad anxiety about getting paperwork thru the door for it and because of post issues where I live I’m scared that it’s gonna end up going missing and then I’m just not gonna be in a good place. With this extension do they send out a new letter with a new end date on? Without that I won’t be able to extend my blue badge. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.