DWP confirms it is increasing the automatic extension period of existing PIP awards awaiting review - Page 8 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP confirms it is increasing the automatic extension period of existing PIP awards awaiting review

Options

Comments

• ESABenefitsUK123
    ESABenefitsUK123 Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
    Options
    tink13 said:
    I’ve not long found out about an appointment for my review next week. They’ve had my forms since January. 

is your appt F2F, or phone, or video/internet?
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 493 Pioneering
    edited January 9
    Options
    I remember reporting on here about my extension letter, and the general opinion at the time was the actual assessment wouldnt start later.

Well I am almost at my original end date for the PIP award, and still no assessment has started.  The new end date is still about 15 months from now.  So it seems in my case the extra time is delaying the reassessment.

Note my extension wasnt one of these automatic one's, I think it was done before they started doing these, and was granted multiple years before my end date.
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 757 Pioneering
    Options
     My wife had applied for Attendence Allowance because of a pre-existing condition that she has never claimed any form of benefits for.  A down turn in her health has now prompted her to get more help so she applied, in February 2023.  No sign of the form sent so requested another, in August 2023 no reply.  Down loaded a copy and sent it registered post November 2023.  3 Days ago acknoleged that they had received it?  Not bad since it was sent Registered post and in an on-line format as well.
    Within recent time she has had 3 assessments with her Doctor, Physio Therepy, X_rays on her lower spine and legs and has now been ligned up for a kneedle in her right knee.  Unable to sent although results because they are still ongoing, but logged and permission to see Doctors reports on spine and legs and Physio given, yet no medication at all?  Then told to stop Physio as this was causing more problems.
      Awaiting Capita assessment, since the DWP appologised for the latness of contacting her and should be soon in having a F2F interview.
      I am going to let the system be the system and see how this goes.
  • raspberrysorbet66
    raspberrysorbet66 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Are pip revoews still being extended my award ends in October 25 … I haven’t received my form yet. 
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 590 Pioneering
    Options
    You won't receive a review form till sometime after October 2024 if your award  doesn't end till October 2025.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It seems currently that PIP review forms are being sent out about 8 months before an award is due to end.
  • wowmee
    wowmee Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    My pip end date is April 24, I had my review form in May 23, sent it back recorded, message to say they have it, last month (dec) another message saying they are waiting to review my claim, my issue here is, if the dwp still haven't reviewed my pip by the end date, will I still continue to receive payments after this date of they dont reviewby then?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,814 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wowmee said:
    My pip end date is April 24, I had my review form in May 23, sent it back recorded, message to say they have it, last month (dec) another message saying they are waiting to review my claim, my issue here is, if the dwp still haven't reviewed my pip by the end date, will I still continue to receive payments after this date of they dont reviewby then?

Yes, payments continue until a decision is made on your review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MrSt0rM
    MrSt0rM Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    I got my pip text today saying they are sending out the renewal forms now. My pip is due to end September 2024. I’m in north west England. Not sure how delayed the replies are but the renewals are no longer suspended here. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    MrSt0rM said:
    I got my pip text today saying they are sending out the renewal forms now. My pip is due to end September 2024. I’m in north west England. Not sure how delayed the replies are but the renewals are no longer suspended here. 

Reviews for PIP haven't been suspended since about middle of 2020. There's very long delays with decisions though so please be aware of that. Some members here are still waiting for a decision more than a year after returning their forms.

Your PIP will continue until a decision is made on the review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • PhilCoop72
    PhilCoop72 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    My review has been extended twice now. I extended my Motability car lease but i have now had the car/WAV 6 years in May. By March ‘25 it will be nearly 7yrs & I have heard it can take at least 12 months to get a new car. I’m worried I’m going to have to hand it back before it has been decided 
  • Talya
    Talya Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    hi I have text message from pip 3 January 2024 about my decision they send messsage  we will have decision on  13/02.2024 . but I don’t have any payment or letter . What can I do ? Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Talya said:
    hi I have text message from pip 3 January 2024 about my decision they send messsage  we will have decision on  13/02.2024 . but I don’t have any payment or letter . What can I do ? Thanks 
    Are you waiting for a decision on a Mandatory Reconsideration? If so then it's likely that a decision hasn't been made yet. The timescales given are just a guide. Do also be aware that it's only 15th Feb and letters from DWP can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. All you can do is wait. 
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    My reward ended January 2024 sent review may 2023 so my review has took 10 months , just got a txt today said my pip review is complete, so I'm assuming got a paper based , do ppl still get turned down on paper based or should I be expecting an award?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    dee4848 said:
    My reward ended January 2024 sent review may 2023 so my review has took 10 months , just got a txt today said my pip review is complete, so I'm assuming got a paper based , do ppl still get turned down on paper based or should I be expecting an award?
    Paper based assessments are often a good thing but it has been known for people to be refused even with this but it's rare. 

You can ring PIP to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. Yes, the text advises you not to but you can ring at anytime. 
  • Kizzie58
    Kizzie58 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    dee4848 said:
    I am so hoping this will be the same for me.  Mine also ended Jan 24 and sent my review back in May 23

Im a pensioner in a few days so I'm hoping that also plays a part.  but then I'm a bit of a hopeful dreamer 🤣

Would be so lovely to hear now, as my car died its final death yesterday 
  • dee4848
    edited March 13
    Options
    @Kizzie58 oh I hope for you too, I rang them this morning and they told me over phone ,very happy that the decision stayed the same , hope its soon for you 
  • wowmee
    wowmee Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    My pip review came last may/June, had numerous texts from dwp saying they are still waiting to review my pip, yesterday a letter came stating pip extension until April 2025 while they wait to review it.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,513 Scope online community team
    Options
    I had the same @wowmee though I've been waiting since last March. It's a bit frustrating!
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • dee4848
    Options
    dee4848 said:
    @Kizzie58 oh I hope for you too, I rang them this morning and they told me over phone ,very happy that the decision stayed the same , hope its soon for you 
    @Kizzie58 hi have you heard anything yet?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.