If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sorry, I'm new to the community, not sure weather to post a discussion or a poll.

Options
Fin1
Fin1 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
Unsurprisingly, the government, not generalising, would target people on benefit again. They took my benefit away last time they clawed back some money. I read, not sure if this is correct, that Atos claimed back 110 million, a victory for them but for many people who had their gas, electricity and other things cut off, it was far from a victory. But at least there, although no reassurance, that they will reduce payments, not completely take them away with nothing to live on. I think there should be a law against this, it is very one-sided, and there should be an alternative put in place so they just don't leave people in an even more vulnerable, desperate state. No money, no job and eventually no place to live. The limit on the banker's bonuses is scrapped; I think Mrs Truss is trying to score some brownie points at the next election. I have no problems with people earning high amounts, what I do have a problem with is the uncompassion for people who are struggling.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Fin1 thanks for sharing your thoughts here, it can be really hard when it feels like those leading us lack compassion, certainly. 

Do you feel like you're able to support yourself financially at the moment? 

Is there anything we can help with?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Fin1
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi@Alex_scope, thanks for your reply. Your absolutely right about certain leaders. Personally l think certain leaders don’t know what compassion means. Negative I know but they seem to persuade people to vote them in, once this is done and elected those people that made them that powerful are forgotten about, people with disability’s and those with out. Thank you@Alex, at the moment I’m am like a lot of people seeing my bills go up. I’m managing at the moment. One of my benefits is up for review early next year, I’ve been through the anxious bit more than enough but personally I don’t care if they take it away, the battle with the DWP is never ending, I’m not generalising. I may need some help early next year if that is ok.Thank you.

Thank you Pam, hi, hope your well.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's okay @Fin1 thanks for explaining, and we'll be here whenever you need us. You can also pop online just to chat to other members if you'd like to- the coffee lounge is a great place to do this :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Fin1
    Options
  • Fin1
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thank you@pam, hi hope your well.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Fin1. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Fin1
    Options
    Thank you@L_Volunteer. All the best.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Fin1. Wishing you all the best too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.