Housing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing

Options
Hobitt70
Hobitt70 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,

I have been harassed by my landlord. We were in arrears during Covid, which accumulated over time, due to a decline in my mental health. I was off sick and diagnosed with C-PTSD - physical symptoms includes are seizure type episodes on a daily basis and EUPD. I haven’t driven for a year. Our bad housing situation has been going on for 20 months.

i am due to put in a defence regarding the arrears and my situation, also a counterclaim for harassment & disrepair. 

The landlord wants to settle, no arrears to be paid by us, but the settlement says we need to be out of property in a month. I would like to settle, as the last nearly 2 years have been hideous! But would we be making ourselves intentionally homeless? if that’s the case we might have to go to court (which is a massive trigger for me) so we still have a roof over our head for longer than a month.

The local council have asked for proof of settlement, which they have and GP letter, which is like trying ti get blood out of a stone!! 

We just want to move and start afresh from this horrendous experience. Any advice would be much appreciated! 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Hobitt70. Welcome to Scope’s community. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you at the moment?

Thanks for finding the courage to reach out to us. I appreciate how much courage it can take to reach out, especially when you are finding things tough and are new.

Unfortunately, this is not an area of my expertise. This means I can only hope someone with more expertise in this area can respond to you soon.

In the meantime, I mainly wanted to respond to greet you and let you know that we hear you and have seen your post.

We are all here to listen to you, even if we can’t all answer your questions. You don’t have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don’t want to :)

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.