Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Gathering advice for PIP appeal
Hi i am trying to gather evidence for my appeal for pip. I contacted my GP to ask for a letter explaining how my disability affects me and treatment i am receiving as the pip assessor ignored my medical history notes The advice from my GP was to contact the citizens advice to get descriptor of want DWP are looking for and come back to him in order for him to write the letter to the tune of 25 to 100 quid depending on how mush work he has to do. I contacted citizens advice but the person who i spoke to had no clue what i was talking about an said she dose not understand why my GP advised me to contact them. On all the website I have been on today they all say contact citizens advice but they were not helpful can anyone offer advice please
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.