Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• LDJBluebell
    LDJBluebell Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    Have you rang them up to ask why. I believe backpay is from the day you made your application by phone !
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you rang them up to ask why. I believe backpay is from the day you made your application by phone !
    That is correct although if someone transfers over from DLA to PIP then this continues for 4 weeks after a decision is made, Debt Management can also use backpay to recover benefit overpayments too. If none apply then I'd definitely second giving PIP a ring. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,529 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Elaine62 said:
    Pip received my forms on the 26th April, phone assessment on the 15th June, received txt on the 28th June awarding me pip, received decision letter today 6 th July, no mention of back dated money only my four weekly payment from the 26th June to 27th July saying that’s what they owe me, I thought it was backdated from when you made your claim.

Seems like to me that they haven't awarded it to you from when you rang to start your claim. This suggests that they could be saying that you didn't have your difficulties for at least 3 months before you rang. Part of the criteria is that you've experienced the difficulties for at least 3 months and expect them to last for at least 9 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AhoBakaSaru
    AhoBakaSaru Scope Member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hello all, just joined and wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread.
    It's a wonderful feeling to not be alone on my PIP journey, the wealth of information here has Really put my mind at ease. I wish I'd found this a few months ago.
    Thank you all :)
  • jess88
    jess88 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I won my pip appeal on the 22june I got a text this morning at 8am to say I’ve been awarded pip o should receive the letter in 2 weeks is it correct the back pay should be in my account in 3-5 days I’m new to this but have seen a few comments saying this is usually how it works thankyou any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jess88 said:
    I won my pip appeal on the 22june I got a text this morning at 8am to say I’ve been awarded pip o should receive the letter in 2 weeks is it correct the back pay should be in my account in 3-5 days I’m new to this but have seen a few comments saying this is usually how it works thankyou any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

Great news. There's no other advice to give. You've received the text and now you need to wait for the money to go into your bank. You will then receive the decision letter shortly after that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @jess88 :) I bet that feels like such a relief!
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mwatney1985
    mwatney1985 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Firstly good luck to all those going through the process. A huge thank you to this forum for all the help and guidance, as well as being able to find answers to those niggle questions, that help put your mind at ease
    I started the pip process in February after just having been put in the lcwra universal credit group. I only did so because I was confused over the chancellors statement about the assessment that I had just had being changed. Fast forward through the paperwork, a unannounced telephone assessment to this morning. The golden text arrived to state I had been awarded pip. I have always had imposter syndrome so never felt as if I was entitled or deserving of anything other the then basic universal credit.so to have been awarded enhanced daily living and standard mobility rates is amazing(mental health). 
    I have been lucky in that it ran fairly smoothly even if there were. Long periods of it seeming like nothing was happening. Again have taken the advice of getting a copy of the report for my own piece of mind. 

Sorry for the waffle but as you can imagine my head is now on a high. Enjoy the weekend everyone and thanks to scope and the admin team again. 
  • mwatney1985
    mwatney1985 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Just because people ask. I recieved the text this morning at 8am 4/8/23
    The backdated sum is due to be in account next thursday 10/8/23 
    First regular payment at the end of the month of the 31st
  • whalkwy786
    whalkwy786 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    I got a call from decision maker last Thursday that am awarded pip and will get a decision letter in a week i have not git no letter or payment yet can anyone help me with this plz 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I got a call from decision maker last Thursday that am awarded pip and will get a decision letter in a week i have not git no letter or payment yet can anyone help me with this plz 

It takes 3-5 working days for any money owed to be paid into your bank from the date payment was made. As you only received the phone call 2 working days ago then i wouldn't expect you to have received any money yet. It will be sometime this week now.

If you want to know when to expect the payment you can ring PIP tomorrow to ask them and they will tell you. You will receive the decision letter in the next couple of weeks.
  • whalkwy786
    whalkwy786 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Soory bout the cinfusion i got call frim decision maker on the 3rd of August which was Thursday it wasn't last Thursday Thursday before dat my mistake  still no letter or payment  and I applied in May so so we get from the date we ring or from the date we submitt pip application am confused plz advice  and which number do I ring to find out when am getting paid when will they tell me am scared to ring 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Soory bout the cinfusion i got call frim decision maker on the 3rd of August which was Thursday it wasn't last Thursday Thursday before dat my mistake  still no letter or payment  and I applied in May so so we get from the date we ring or from the date we submitt pip application am confused plz advice  and which number do I ring to find out when am getting paid when will they tell me am scared to ring 

If you weren't transferring from DLA and you had the difficulties for at least 3 months when you first claimed then it should be paid from the date you rang to start your claim. I would have expected you to have received the money by now. The number to ring is.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Telephone: 0800 121 4433
    Textphone: 0800 121 4493
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 4433
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please don't be scared to ring @whalkwy786 Please keep us updated :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • AutUser
    AutUser Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi all, I’ve had something rather strange and I just wondered if had happened to anyone else.. I received a text on Friday morning awarding me PIP, then come Monday morning I receive yet another message saying the same thing? I can’t seem to find anywhere if this is an error or if something changed after they awarded me the first time? 

Hopefully someone else has had this? It’s giving me the worst anxiety 
  • M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    AutUser said:
    Hi all, I’ve had something rather strange and I just wondered if had happened to anyone else.. I received a text on Friday morning awarding me PIP, then come Monday morning I receive yet another message saying the same thing? I can’t seem to find anywhere if this is an error or if something changed after they awarded me the first time? 

Hopefully someone else has had this? It’s giving me the worst anxiety 
    Not sure, but I got a call from them after my phone assessment saying I'd been awarded and asking for my bank details.  I did not fall for this by the way.  Shortly after I received a text saying the hadn't made a decision and then later (a few says to a week) I for another text saying I'd been awarded and a couple of days after, the money was in my account.  I got my letter a few days after this.  If you're worried, phone them.  Hope this helps.
  • Lm1985
    Lm1985 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi, just thought I'd give a time line of my claim process as I found it quite helpful looking at this thread while I was waiting. 
    I have fibromyalgia as my main issue, presenting mostly with mobility issues, fatigue, pain, IBS, and brain fog. Along with anxiety, depression, and pcos. 

So I requested the application form 11/5/23 after trying and failing to return to work following a hysterectomy in February and the subsequent decline in health with my fibromyalgia. 

Sent form back 6/6/23
    Confirmation text that pip received my form came through on 8/6/23. 

Received a text 18/7/23 with a telephone appointment date of 1st August. 
    Telephone assessment 1st August
    Received text that they'd received report of assessment 2nd August.
    Monday 14th August at 8.27 got a text saying been awarded pip. Called to check details and automated message said I'd receive a payment in may.. Lol, I didn't think that was quite right 😅 So stayed on the line to talk to someone to get actual date and info.
    Getting standard rate for both elements, and backpay tomorrow, 17th August. 
  • M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Lm1985 said:
    Hi, just thought I'd give a time line of my claim process as I found it quite helpful looking at this thread while I was waiting. 
    I have fibromyalgia as my main issue, presenting mostly with mobility issues, fatigue, pain, IBS, and brain fog. Along with anxiety, depression, and pcos. 

So I requested the application form 11/5/23 after trying and failing to return to work following a hysterectomy in February and the subsequent decline in health with my fibromyalgia. 

Sent form back 6/6/23
    Confirmation text that pip received my form came through on 8/6/23. 

Received a text 18/7/23 with a telephone appointment date of 1st August. 
    Telephone assessment 1st August
    Received text that they'd received report of assessment 2nd August.
    Monday 14th August at 8.27 got a text saying been awarded pip. Called to check details and automated message said I'd receive a payment in may.. Lol, I didn't think that was quite right 😅 So stayed on the line to talk to someone to get actual date and info.
    Getting standard rate for both elements, and backpay tomorrow, 17th August. 
    So glad you got PIP.  Hope you're 👍 
  • jillwright66
    jillwright66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m new to this I received a text on Monday to say I’ve been awarded I then called and was told via automated reply what payment I’m going to receive and when which is a month away I was just wondering if the back payment is paid before this date thankyou
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m new to this I received a text on Monday to say I’ve been awarded I then called and was told via automated reply what payment I’m going to receive and when which is a month away I was just wondering if the back payment is paid before this date thankyou
    Any money owed is paid first which should be received 3-5 working days after payment was sent. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.