Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• rockfan65
    rockfan65 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Had my review interview (2 hours, it was v tough)  on 8th Nov, text the same day to say the report had been received. My award would have ended on 24th Nov.  My condition changed having been diagnosed with cancer last year, requested a change of circs last year but nothing happened. 

Not had a decision yet, but I had a part payment of 352.85 of my usual payment of £380 on Mon 27th Nov then the balance of 27.15 on Monday 4th but explanation as to why, no further texts.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,535 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    rockfan65 said:
    Had my review interview (2 hours, it was v tough)  on 8th Nov, text the same day to say the report had been received. My award would have ended on 24th Nov.  My condition changed having been diagnosed with cancer last year, requested a change of circs last year but nothing happened. 

Not had a decision yet, but I had a part payment of 352.85 of my usual payment of £380 on Mon 27th Nov then the balance of 27.15 on Monday 4th but explanation as to why, no further texts.
    Your award will continue until a new decision is made. It won’t just end because of the delays with decisions. I can only assume that the part payment received was because of the end date of your PIP. Someone then realised that no decision had been made so your award continues and not all of the payment had been made so they sent the rest. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rockfan65
    rockfan65 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    rockfan65 said:

Your award will continue until a new decision is made. It won’t just end because of the delays with decisions. I can only assume that the part payment received was because of the end date of your PIP. Someone then realised that no decision had been made so your award continues and not all of the payment had been made so they sent the rest. 
    Thank  you Poppy, that makes sense, I find it all very difficult to understand
  • bennos79
    bennos79 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Just received my back payment now (3rd day after my text) and its a lot more than i was expecting. I cant remember when i called up to request the pip form so i cant really work out how much pip im going to get monthly so i will just wait for the letter.
  • emcchristine
    emcchristine Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi smile new here! But desperately wanted to join due to how friendly and genuine you all seem!  3

I’ve got some high anxieties around my PIP back pay due to reading various forums and articles on google, this was the only thread that gave me a sense of ease over the past few days. I called PIP up on Monday due to waiting since April with no decision made yet, I then received a phone call on Tuesday and was told they’d sent a letter out which I will receive within 7-10 days, Wednesday at 8am I received the text that told me I had been awarded. After reading many online forums/articles, my worry is I won’t receive back pay. Are PIP still giving back pays? If so, how long does that take if they do? I’ve read here it takes 3-5 working days, but my anxiety is telling me I won’t receive it and since I’m not doing well financially, it’s causing chaos. My head has been like a tornado since my phone assessment and all of the waiting, and since Monday, I have barely slept due my worries and anxieties. I’m hoping someone can reassure me.

Thank you smile
  • emcchristine
    Options
    bennos79 said:
    Just received my back payment now (3rd day after my text) and its a lot more than i was expecting. I cant remember when i called up to request the pip form so i cant really work out how much pip im going to get monthly so i will just wait for the letter.
    Do you know what time it went in?
  • emcchristine
    Options
    bennos79 said:
    Hi smile new here! But desperately wanted to join due to how friendly and genuine you all seem!  3

I’ve got some high anxieties around my PIP back pay due to reading various forums and articles on google, this was the only thread that gave me a sense of ease over the past few days. I called PIP up on Monday due to waiting since April with no decision made yet, I then received a phone call on Tuesday and was told they’d sent a letter out which I will receive within 7-10 days, Wednesday at 8am I received the text that told me I had been awarded. After reading many online forums/articles, my worry is I won’t receive back pay. Are PIP still giving back pays? If so, how long does that take if they do? I’ve read here it takes 3-5 working days, but my anxiety is telling me I won’t receive it and since I’m not doing well financially, it’s causing chaos. My head has been like a tornado since my phone assessment and all of the waiting, and since Monday, I have barely slept due my worries and anxieties. I’m hoping someone can reassure me.

Thank you smile
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bennos79 said:

All bank accounts are different. Some show funds available at midnight, some about 12.30am and others after 2am. For me with my bank funds usually show about 3-3.30am.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    bennos79 said:

Thank you smile

Question answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/112705/awarded-pip#latest

• emcchristine
    Options

Thank you smile
  • bennos79
    Options
    bennos79 said:
    I think it was around midnight 
  • bennos79
    Options
    bennos79 said:
    I think it was around midnight 
  • bennos79
    Options
    My letter arrived this morning :smile: so:

tuesday- txt
    friday- back payment
    sat- letter arrived.

• poppyloppy
    poppyloppy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi I got a text this morning saying that they've made a decision on my pip renewal.  Does this mean I've been rejected ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi I got a text this morning saying that they've made a decision on my pip renewal.  Does this mean I've been rejected ? 
    As advised on your thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/112886/hi-my-name-is-poppyloppy#latest it’s a standard text sent for reviews. It doesn’t mean anything other than that. 
  • Janhudgill
    Janhudgill Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I had a telephone review, it was more like an interigation,  she bombarded me with questions for 70 mins, I recieved a text the other day saying they had made a decision on review and I should get  letter in the next two weeks, I feel like my pip will be stopped, how do these people get away with this, the review was horrendous. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry it was such an awful experience for you @Janhudgill Keeping everything crossed for you with the outcome!
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wagstaff
    wagstaff Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I got a text Thursday morning 8am saying I had been awarded PIP, and still not revived payment ( Sunday ) does the weekend affect it ? I was hoping I’d be able to get my family some presents when I go out on Tuesday. Getting a bit worried 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    wagstaff said:
    I got a text Thursday morning 8am saying I had been awarded PIP, and still not revived payment ( Sunday ) does the weekend affect it ? I was hoping I’d be able to get my family some presents when I go out on Tuesday. Getting a bit worried 

Question answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/112970/pip#latest

• new_potsie
    new_potsie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    hiya! i’m new here and new to the whole disabled community
    i applied for pip in september and got a text on dec 25th saying i’ve been awarded pip, but i haven’t had any money through at all yet.
    should i be worried? i’ve heard everyone else get it in the week of receiving their texts, but i’ve had nothing on my end.

sorry to be annoying, this is all new to me and i just want to know when it will come in, because i need to get a mattress slope and numerous other aids for my pots and hypermobility.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.