Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid? - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    simox said:
    So I was told today that coz I give the wrong info that PIP Will not do anything to help me as the bank need the pip to recover the money so I have lost £2,500 I just want to cry
    Did you give the wrong bank details? If so then DWP can’t pay you again until the money they paid out is returned to them. 
    Have you spoke to your bank regarding this? 
    If the details are for a different bank OP’s bank isn’t going to be able to help. Hopefully the receiving bank will return the money and DWP will then be able to pay again.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jojo1972
    jojo1972 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi I'm new on hear. Got text 9th jan saying have capita phone report and can take up to 8 weeks to make decision. Is this right or might it be quicker ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jojo1972 said:
    Hi I'm new on hear. Got text 9th jan saying have capita phone report and can take up to 8 weeks to make decision. Is this right or might it be quicker ? 

Decisions can take up to 12 weeks, rather than the 8 weeks you were told. Though timescales are only ever a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    edited January 2023
    Options
    jojo1972 said:
    Hi I'm new on here. Got text 9th jan saying have capita phone report and can take up to 8 weeks to make decision. Is this right or might it be quicker ? 
    It may be quicker but it can take up to 12 weeks.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jojo1972
    Options
    Thanks
     Capita only took 2 days to send report which was quicker than I thought.
    Note alot texts received so hopefully I get good outcome 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jojo1972 said:
    Thanks
     Capita only took 2 days to send report which was quicker than I thought.
    Note alot texts received so hopefully I get good outcome 

The time it took to send the report back doesn't mean anything. Very often they are returned within a couple of hours after the assessment. Once they are written there's no reason to keep them so they're returned. The texts are standard texts.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jojo1972
    Options
    I've had text to say awarded pip took 9 days to decide from phone assessment. Very impressed as text said 8 weeks.  They must be catching up on back logs now 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @jojo1972 :) I bet that's a relief?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • jojo1972
    Options
    Yes big relief. Do I now get a text to say when 1st payment is raised ? Or is it raised once I received text on the 18th ? 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,461 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Jo_2022

Oh that’s great news well done.
    A big relief for you.

I received a letter yesterday saying I have been awarded again after my review.

So we can both relax over the weekend.

Take care ❤️
  • Jon1964
    Jon1964 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I received my text on the 23/12 received back payment on the 4th January it took extra time due to the holidays and I received my first PIP payment yesterday hope that helps also I did phone them and they gave me all the details RE payments.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jojo1972 said:
    Yes big relief. Do I now get a text to say when 1st payment is raised ? Or is it raised once I received text on the 18th ? 

No, you won't receive any further texts. Any money owed will be in your bank 3-5 working days after payment was sent.

Your decision letter will usually follow after that and it will explain where you scored those points, the award you have and for how long. It will also tell you what day of the week your 4 weekly payments will be paid.

If you want to know what you've been awarded and when to expect the money they owe you then you can ring PIP to ask.
  • gillys1262637
    gillys1262637 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    And when did you get the payment 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    I may have to go into hospital shortly for surgery on my ankle. Any advice on how this will affect my PIP payment is very welcome please. Thanks in advance.  I've not been given a date for the op but just need a bit of a 'heads up'.  Thanks in advance.
  • calcotti
    edited January 2023
    Options
    M_1967 said:
    I may have to go into hospital shortly for surgery on my ankle. Any advice on how this will affect my PIP payment is very welcome please.
    If you are in hospital for more than 28 days you need to tell DWP. Your PIP payments stop after 28 days. When you are discharged and you simply tell DWP and the PIP payments resume. Hopefully you will no5 be in that long.

Of you PIP payments do not stop anybody claiming Carer’s Allowance or carer element UC will not be entitled to those either.
  • M_1967
    Options
    calcotti said:
    M_1967 said:
    I may have to go into hospital shortly for surgery on my ankle. Any advice on how this will affect my PIP payment is very welcome please.
    If you are in hospital for more than 28 days you need to tell DWP. Your PIP payments stop after 28 days. When you are discharged and you simply tell DWP and the PIP payments resume. Hopefully you will no5 be in that long.

Of you PIP payments do not stop anybody claiming Carer’s Allowance or carer element UC will not be entitled to those either.
    Thank you for the very helpful advice
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @M_1967. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • gillys1262637
    gillys1262637 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Would anyone know what time benafits clear into llyods by any chance 
  • M_1967
    Options
    Sorry, not sure.  My advice would be to contact your bank.  Hope you get it sorted quickly

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.