If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hiya! i’m new here and new to the whole disabled community
    i applied for pip in september and got a text on dec 25th saying i’ve been awarded pip, but i haven’t had any money through at all yet.
    should i be worried? i’ve heard everyone else get it in the week of receiving their texts, but i’ve had nothing on my end.

sorry to be annoying, this is all new to me and i just want to know when it will come in, because i need to get a mattress slope and numerous other aids for my pots and hypermobility.

If this is a first time claim and you had the diffficulties for at least 3 months when you claimed then i would have expected you to be owed money from the start of your claim.

It takes 3-5 working days for money to go into your bank once payment is sent. From the date you had the text message there's only been 4 working days because of Christmas and New Year closing days.

If you don't receive it by the end of the week then i'd advise you to ring PIP to ask them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • new_potsie
    new_potsie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    hiya! i’m new here and new to the whole disabled community
    i applied for pip in september and got a text on dec 25th saying i’ve been awarded pip, but i haven’t had any money through at all yet.
    should i be worried? i’ve heard everyone else get it in the week of receiving their texts, but i’ve had nothing on my end.

sorry to be annoying, this is all new to me and i just want to know when it will come in, because i need to get a mattress slope and numerous other aids for my pots and hypermobility.
    update, i got my letter through and i’m getting the money in in the next 24 hours!
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,613 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@new_potsie
    Good morning oh that’s great news you must be so relieved.
    Now you can buy your mattress and whatever else your needing.

You should have a look around the forum as there’s plenty off chats and games to join in with when and if you feel up to it.

Take care 😊
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,737 Scope online community team
    Options
    Excellent news @new_potsie and a big welcome to the community from me. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • JohnMiller01
    JohnMiller01 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi @Bambi19, I received this text on Monday am and then received payment yesterday (Wednesday) pm. 

Just wondering the exact time for the payment to come through, sorry don't mean to be a pain for asking even though there's probably a answer to my question somewhere but can't seem to find it haha.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi @Bambi19, I received this text on Monday am and then received payment yesterday (Wednesday) pm. 

Just wondering the exact time for the payment to come through, sorry don't mean to be a pain for asking even though there's probably a answer to my question somewhere but can't seem to find it haha.

That will depend on who you bank with. For some banks it can be just after midnight, for others it can be after 2.30am.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JohnMiller01
    Options

That will depend on who you bank with. For some banks it can be just after midnight, for others it can be after 2.30am.

Sorry forgot to mention I mean the lump sum that you get.
  • poppy123456
    Options

Yes, I knew what you meant. 
  • JohnMiller01
    Options

Gotcha thank you so much for answering

• JohnMiller01
    Options

Gotcha thank you so much for answering!
  • Delboy1965
    Delboy1965 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi all, i applied for pip in January last year and i received a phone call on Friday just gone saying a am awarded pip, and was wondering when  i might get a payment in my bank
  • MissLJ
    MissLJ Community member Posts: 28 Listener
    Options
    Hi all, I thought I’d post on here as I’m having a complete nightmare with PIP but don’t really have anybody to talk to that understands. 
    Bit of backstory; applied for PIP Jan ‘21 (I’ve had rheumatoid arthritis for 25 yrs - diagnosed at 13 - and now have fibromyalgia too, along with other health complaints), basically I was refused so went to tribunal but still refused with the judge saying I don’t have RA despite believing I do, went to upper tribunal after that with nearly 5000 pages of medical records plus doc letters etc, still refused as the upper judge said the tribunal judge was right! 
    I’ve had to quit my job as a primary school teacher, as I’m in constant pain and cannot get around, so decided to try for PIP again. I asked for my assessment to be recorded this time - as the last assessor lied about most things - so when I received a text to say that PIP had the report (which took 9 days from my assessment) I called to ask for the report, three weeks later (after three more calls) I finally received the assessors report. I cannot believe it but the assessor has lied about things that were discussed. I have the telephone recording to prove this but seriously cannot face going to tribunal again after my last experience. 
    Has anybody else had this kind of treatment? 
    I feel so sad and disheartened right now, my life feels like it’s ruined because of things that I cannot control and then you’re treated like this.
    Apologies for the essay!!
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @MissLJ with regarding your previous claim, you can only appeal a Tribunal decision on error of law. You can't appeal because you think the decision is wrong. 

For this claim. Have you added up any potential points that maybe recommended in the report? If so how many points are recommended?

The assessment process isn't there for them to write what you said word for word. It's there for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. The report is then written based on their opinion of everything you wrote in the form, any extra evidence you sent and what you said during the assessment. 

5000 pages of evidence is a lot so I hope you didn't send that amount to support this claim. Less is often more for evidence. 

It really does help to have some understanding of the descriptors and what they mean. I'd advise you to have a look at this link as it may help with some understanding. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria#daily-living-   

For this claim. Have you added up any potential points that maybe recommended in the report? If so how many points are recommended? They usually go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it. 

If you're refused again then your only option is to request the MR and then Tribunal. I would also advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you. This way you can explain exactly how your conditions affect you and they will tell you if it's possible to score enough of points needed for an award because PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis. 
  • MissLJ
    Options
    Good morning, Poppy, thank you for your response. 
    With regards to the upper tribunal, I’m aware of the error of law but it is my understanding that as the tribunal judge wrote that I simply don’t have a condition, when I have plenty of evidence to say I do, then he erred in his decision to dismiss my appeal as the evidence didn’t support this - that’s what CAB advised, anyway.
    No, I haven’t sent 5000 pages of medical records this time, I did last time as proof of 1. My diagnosis date and 2. My subsequent visits to rheumatologist, scans etc to prove that I do have RA.
    The report from my latest claim has awarded the 12 points for mobility but only 6 for daily living, whereas I believe that this should have been at least 16 but probably 18 points awarded. 
    My assessment telephone conversation had a duration of 75 minutes so I wouldn’t expect anybody to write anything word for word, however, I told the lady that I cannot prepare or cook food and that my daughter / other family members always does this, yet she’s put that I can prepare and cook a simple meal. Another example is that I cannot shower alone, my daughter washes my hair and lower body but the lady has decided that I can wash and bathe unaided. 
    It may seem a little ungrateful, as I’m aware I should be awarded the enhanced rate for mobility, but when you’re not getting something because of people telling fibs about what you’ve said then it’s more than disheartening. 
    I know my first port of call will be MR, has anybody had a decision changed at this point or is it more likely that I should try to prepare to go to tribunal?
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MissLJ

Welcome to the community! :) 

I am frustrated for you, to read how hard you have been trying to get that support. I am glad to read you have your daughter and family around <3 It isn't ungrateful to want your truth to be told. 

If it was me, I'd be taking it easy. You are given time if you need to go to tribunal, so I'd try not to worry. Keeping everything crossed for you! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • MissLJ
    Options
    Thank you, Hannah, I know that there’s not much I can do until I receive the award notice anyway so I’ll try and put it to the back of my mind - little easier said than done when you only get around 4 hours sleep, due to pain, so your mind works overtime.
    I’ll let you know once I receive my award notice, take care all and have a wonderful evening ❤️
  • MissLJ
    Options
    Update;
    I received my award notice today and the decision maker has even gone against what the assessor has suggested and all he’s awarded me is low rate mobility and nothing for daily living. I have no idea how this is allowed to happen by some man sat behind a desk with no medical training. Feeling really fed up right now 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @MissLJ I'm so sorry that you are feeling so fed up with it. We have had members tell us that the decision maker has gone against the assessor. It can be really unfair. You can go through Mandatory Reconsideration and Citizens Advice can support you with that. 
    Hannah - She / Her

• MissLJ
    Options
    Yes, thank you, Hannah, I’ve booked an appointment with CAB, I don’t hold out too much hope for the MR so mentally preparing for tribunal. It’s ridiculous that they’re allowed to treat people like this, I wish I could temporarily pass on my disabilities to them so that they can just have a taste of what my (non)life is really like
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    @MissLJ I know that feeling. I have a list of people I'd pass mine to too! Keeping everything crossed for you and please keep us updated and I hope the appointment goes well :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.