Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid? - Page 15 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MissLJ said:
    Update;
    I received my award notice today and the decision maker has even gone against what the assessor has suggested and all he’s awarded me is low rate mobility and nothing for daily living. I have no idea how this is allowed to happen by some man sat behind a desk with no medical training. Feeling really fed up right now 
    In a previous comment from you, you said the assessment report suggests a recommended 12 points for mobility and only 6 for daily living. So there was no recommendation for a daily living award, unless you added up the recommended points incorrectly. 
    MissLJ said:

The report from my latest claim has awarded the 12 points for mobility but only 6 for daily living, 
    Having said that, the report is just a recommendation, whilst they mostly go with it, it has been known for them to go against it. I've seen this happen quite a few times here in the past couple of months. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MissLJ
    MissLJ Community member Posts: 28 Listener
    Options
    I went back through the report and I had added up the points wrong, it was 8 points awarded for DL and 12 for mobility. What’s the point in the assessments if somebody sat behind a desk can just totally override it and decide what they like anyway? It’s a complete joke 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    MissLJ said:
    I went back through the report and I had added up the points wrong, it was 8 points awarded for DL and 12 for mobility. What’s the point in the assessments if somebody sat behind a desk can just totally override it and decide what they like anyway? It’s a complete joke 
    Before making a decision the decision maker is supposed to look through all evidence you sent, as well as the form and the assessment report before making their decision. 

All you can do is request the MR followed by a Tribunal, if the MR decision doesn't change. You can also get some expert advice going forward as I note your previous claim was refused at Tribunal stage. 

The best place for help would be either Welfare Rights or a Law centre. This link will help you find what's local to you. welfare-benefits
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cossamaximus
    cossamaximus Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    I have received a text today (26/3/2024) stating I’ve been awarded PIP, the process has been less than 7 weeks.

Will update when I receive the letter, and when I get my payment.

Im a tad impatient, are you able to call up to ask what’s been awarded!?

thanks all
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have received a text today (26/3/2024) stating I’ve been awarded PIP, the process has been less than 7 weeks.

Will update when I receive the letter, and when I get my payment.

Im a tad impatient, are you able to call up to ask what’s been awarded!?

thanks all
    Thats great news. Yes, you can ring PIP to ask what you’ve been awarded and when to expect any money owed into your bank. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,548 Scope online community team
    Options
    A big congratulations to you @cossamaximus that's amazing news! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • cossamaximus
    cossamaximus Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, I’ve called them and got all the information I needed, it’s been rewarded for 3 years which is good news. 

May I ask, what’s the procedure with PiP if before those three years ate up, and you’ve gotten worse, can a review be done early? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thank you, I’ve called them and got all the information I needed, it’s been rewarded for 3 years which is good news. 

May I ask, what’s the procedure with PiP if before those three years ate up, and you’ve gotten worse, can a review be done early? 
    You can report a change of circumstances. However, you should only ever do this if it’s possible to score enough of points needed for a higher award. A worsening of condition doesn’t automatically entitle you to more points.

Reporting changes means more forms will be sent and another assessment is most likely. You do risk losing what you always have but it can also be increased or decreased, as well as remain the same. 
  • MissLJ
    Options
    MissLJ said:
    Update;
    I received my award notice today and the decision maker has even gone against what the assessor has suggested and all he’s awarded me is low rate mobility and nothing for daily living. I have no idea how this is allowed to happen by some man sat behind a desk with no medical training. Feeling really fed up right now 
    Update;

Hi all, thought I’d pop back and let you know what happened with me as well as, hopefully, give others some hope.

I requested a mandatory reconsideration following my PIP decision but I was, in my mind, gearing up ready to face a tribunal - as I know that only a small number of MR’s are successful. However, last week the DWP contacted me to inform that my MR was successful and I’ve been awarded higher rate for both daily living and mobility plus over £10k backdated for what they owe me since last January. 

I am still in disbelief as, although it’s exactly what I wanted, I didn’t expect it at all as I’ve had a really bad experience with PIP thus far. Therefore, I hope that sharing my news will give others some hope and I will say that you shouldn’t give up if you feel that you should be getting something that you’re not. If I’d left it I’d have just been receiving lower rate mobility for the next seven years!!

Best wishes everyone x
  • MissLJ
    Options
    P.S. I also made a formal complaint against the decision maker of my PIP claim.
    I'm yet to hear back on the outcome of that though 
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 311 Pioneering
    Options
    MissLJ said:
    MissLJ said:
    Update;
    Update;

Hi all, thought I’d pop back and let you know what happened with me as well as, hopefully, give others some hope.

I requested a mandatory reconsideration following my PIP decision but I was, in my mind, gearing up ready to face a tribunal - as I know that only a small number of MR’s are successful. However, last week the DWP contacted me to inform that my MR was successful and I’ve been awarded higher rate for both daily living and mobility plus over £10k backdated for what they owe me since last January. 

I am still in disbelief as, although it’s exactly what I wanted, I didn’t expect it at all as I’ve had a really bad experience with PIP thus far. Therefore, I hope that sharing my news will give others some hope and I will say that you shouldn’t give up if you feel that you should be getting something that you’re not. If I’d left it I’d have just been receiving lower rate mobility for the next seven years!!

Best wishes everyone x
    That’s great news! 

You went from low rate mobility only to enhanced on both - Congratulations! 

I’m sure you already know this but the 10k with be disregarded for 12 months . 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's brilliant news @MissLJ, well done for getting through it all and thanks for updating us!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.