Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's great news, congratulations @M_1967
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tracie4347
    tracie4347 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    I to received my text today confirming  I have been awarded pip  and would receive letter in 2 weeks....now I have to wait and see if its more ir less than my DLA ...fingers crossed 
  • M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    I to received my text today confirming  I have been awarded pip  and would receive letter in 2 weeks....now I have to wait and see if its more ir less than my DLA ...fingers crossed 

🤞
  • weelynnie
    weelynnie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I received my text saying the same that I have been awarded this was Wednesday this week so just waiting now for payment and letter
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic news @weelynnie thanks for sharing and congratulations :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • weelynnie
    weelynnie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Alex_Scope Thank you first applied back at the beginning off June and now just awaiting payment
  • nevertolateis56
    nevertolateis56 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    If you get a text to say you have been awared pip does that mean you will diffo get a payment ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,814 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you get a text to say you have been awared pip does that mean you will diffo get a payment ? 
    Yes because you’ve been awarded. Any money owed is usually paid first and takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • M_1967
    Options
    Yes because you’ve been awarded. Any money owed is usually paid first and takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.
    I agree. I got a text on 19 Sept and received my back pay a couple of days later.  Hope this helps
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us @M_1967. It sounds really positive  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • dawny69
    dawny69 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hi M_1967
    How long have you waited from start to finish.? Also did you have an assessment?
    Thanks in Advance 🙂
  • dawny69
    Options
    That's really useful thank you 🙂
  • dawny69
    Options
    M_1967
    Sorry just one more thing did you get an appointment for your phone assessment or did they just ring you, was it a withheld no do you remember?
  • M_1967
    Options
    I think they sent me an appointment letter.
  • laney07
    laney07 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I got a text Friday to say I’d been awarded. Did the money show as pending in your account or did it just appear? When do you think I will get mine. I applied back in June 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,814 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    laney07 said:
    I got a text Friday to say I’d been awarded. Did the money show as pending in your account or did it just appear? When do you think I will get mine. I applied back in June 

It should be by the end of this week as it takes 3-5 working days from the date payment is sent. Some banks don't show pending payments, i know my bank doesn't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bsuleman01
    bsuleman01 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Afternoon all! Hope you are all doing well and keeping cool this week with the weather we're having! I'm Sam and I recently applied for PIP (around April time) and had my Telephone assessment in June. I was offered the chance to get a copy of my report the very day after and it arrived within the week, and come Monday this week I got a text from DWP stating the following:

"We have awarded you PIP. We have sent you a decision letter explaining the award. Please allow 2 weeks to receive this. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change."

I'm over the moon with this as this summer was looking to be a real worry for me financially and this will help me put the support in place to help me and my family with my needs. 

My only concern is that during all the extensive research I underwent throughout this whole process, I have seen that most people get paid before the decision letter, and I haven't really heard many reports of people getting a text confirmation of their PIP outcome. I was concerned as I haven't received any money in my bank yet, am I just overthinking things and the money could/should appear within the next two weeks before the letter? Or are things different these days and you only receive the money once the letter has come?

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to control my emotions and keep calm, I'm normally one to overthink and get myself worked up so some informative reassurance should go a long way :)
    Hey, just trying to understand the text messages confirming awards. By any chance, did you receive the text message at 8am? If so, it means the award messages are usually sent out the following working day after the decision has been made
  • bsuleman01
    bsuleman01 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    poll said:
    I got the same txt Monday n
    Was your text message also on Monday morning 8am?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.