Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear very relaxing @M_1967. I am good thank you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Supernature_77
    Supernature_77 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I applied for PIP online in September,
    had a telephone assessment in November.

Received a text message 2 weeks later at 8am on the Monday to notify me of a successful outcome.

Award letter to follow in two weeks.

The same text i see many have also received.

Just one question as my anxiety gets the better of me.

Will it be back dated ?

I'm getting mixed answers on my search engine on the Internet.

Thanks.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I applied for PIP online in September,..Will it be back dated ?
    Any PIP award will start from the date of your claim.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Supernature_77
    Options
    calcotti said:
    I applied for PIP online in September,..Will it be back dated ?
    Any PIP award will start from the date of your claim.
    @calcotti, thanks i look forward to receiving my award letter to clarify everything. I appreciate your response.
  • M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Received a text message 2 weeks later at 8am on the Monday to notify me of a successful outcome.

Will it be back dated ?

Thanks.

All PIP awards are backdated.
  • Supernature_77
    Options
    @M_1967

Thanks for your reply 👍 M_1967 said:
    Hello everyone,

Will it be back dated ?

Thanks.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,814 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    M_1967 said:

That's not quite correct. Those that are transferring from DLA will not receive any money owed, even if the PIP award is higher than the DLA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Supernature_77
    Options
    M_1967 said:

That's not quite correct. Those that are transferring from DLA will not receive any money owed, even if the PIP award is higher than the DLA.

@po@poppy123456
    Thank you for your reply, mine is a new claim. I appreciate the additional info and that certainly explains things, I must have read a post referring to a DLA transfer.
  • Supernature_77
    Options
    M_1967 said:

• M_1967
    Options
    M_1967 said:

My apologies.  I assumed this related to a new claim, which it turns out it does.  however, it may have led to some confusion, which was not my intention.  I appreciate the advice.
  • han1
    han1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hello, I applied for pip in September 2022 and received a bank payment today, however I haven't received a text or a confirmation letter. Is this normal? Thank you 😊
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,814 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    han1 said:
    Hello, I applied for pip in September 2022 and received a bank payment today, however I haven't received a text or a confirmation letter. Is this normal? Thank you 😊

It's not unusal to receive a payment before the decision letter, especially now with the Royal Mail strikes. They have been known to send text with successful decisions but not always.
    If you want to know what your award is you can ring PIP or wait for the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AO_Driver
    AO_Driver Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options

I have seen that most people get paid before the decision letter, and I haven't really heard many reports of people getting a text confirmation of their PIP outcome. I was concerned as I haven't received any money in my bank yet, am I just overthinking things and the money could/should appear within the next two weeks before the letter?

Payment usually goes into your bank 3-5 working days after payment is made and yes, usually before the decision letter is received. These text messages from DWP for awards is a new thing.

• Supernature_77
    Options
    Just to update, text received on Monday and was paid 3 working days clear. Just waiting on the award letter within the 2 weeks specified. I'm over the moon with the award, all the best and hope my experience to date will help put others minds at ease waiting on payment time from text message.
  • M_1967
    Options
    Just to update, text received on Monday and was paid 3 working days clear. Just waiting on the award letter within the 2 weeks specified. I'm over the moon with the award, all the best and hope my experience to date will help put others minds at ease waiting on payment time from text message.
    So glad for you.  Best wishes and hope you have a great Christmas 🌲 and a Happy New Year 😀
  • Supernature_77
    Options
    M_1967 said:
    So glad for you.  Best wishes and hope you have a great Christmas 🌲 and a Happy New Year 😀
    M_1967 said:
    M_1967 

Thanks and very Merry Christmas 🎅 🎄 and a Happy New Year to you and everyone 🎉 🙂
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year too @Supernature_77. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • chuma
    chuma Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hii , I'm new . I'm Joseph. I recieved a text at 8.05 on the 22nd December.  Do you reckon the Christmas will cause a delay in me getting put into my bank?
  • chuma
    chuma Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    In me getting any money in the bank?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chuma said:
    Hii , I'm new . I'm Joseph. I recieved a text at 8.05 on the 22nd December.  Do you reckon the Christmas will cause a delay in me getting put into my bank?
    Weekends and bank holidays are not banking days. If this is a text saying you have been awarded a payment will likely be the end of the week..
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.