Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• jm2244
    jm2244 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    M_1967 said:
    If you get a text to say you have been awared pip does that mean you will diffo get a payment ? 
    Yes because you’ve been awarded. Any money owed is usually paid first and takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.
    I agree. I got a text on 19 Sept and received my back pay a couple of days later.  Hope this helps
    I received my text on Monday at 8am do you know when I should receive my payment 
  • lannyjg
    lannyjg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I rang DWP today and they said Capita asked for report back as they needed to add something but they will rush it through and DWP should have the report within the week. Not sure how long I will have to wait after that.
  • njh123
    njh123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I received my text yesterday, anyone know roughly when I’m due payment? Many thanks! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    njh123 said:
    I received my text yesterday, anyone know roughly when I’m due payment? Many thanks! 

3-5 working days from the date payment was made. Potentially next week now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dawny69
    dawny69 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hi everyone was just wondering what time you have all been receiving your texts from PIP and do they come through certain days?
    Thanks 🙂
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @dawny69 There’s no specific way in which a text will be sent. I do find however that many members generally have received theirs in the mornings, you may not even get a text at all.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    dawny69 said:
    Hi everyone was just wondering what time you have all been receiving your texts from PIP and do they come through certain days?
    Thanks 🙂

I see in a previous thread that you're already claiming PIP. I'm not aware of them sending texts for reviews or change of circumstances. As this isn't a first time claim then you could be waiting inexcess of several months for a decision. You should expect another assessment as most people have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Can anyone advise please?  I applied for PIP on 20 May but didn't receive my award until Sept.  Am I entitled to the £150 Government payment?  Thanks.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,730 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic news everyone 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    M_1967 said:
    Can anyone advise please?  I applied for PIP on 20 May but didn't receive my award until Sept.  Am I entitled to the £150 Government payment?  Thanks.

Yes you will be because the qualifying criteria is 25th May and your claim started before that. You can report a missing payment here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment#report-a-missing-cost-of-living-payment

• M_1967
    Options
    M_1967 said:

Yes you will be because the qualifying criteria is 25th May and your claim started before that. You can report a missing payment here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment#report-a-missing-cost-of-living-payment

I've reported it, thanks for your help.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did reporting it go for you @M_1967? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Also, you are welcome for our help. Our help is the very least you deserve, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • M_1967
    Options
    They said they'd be in touch in about 2 weeks to say whether I'm entitled. I'll update the forum when I hear back from them.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    M_1967 said:
    They said they'd be in touch in about 2 weeks to say whether I'm entitled. I'll update the forum when I hear back from them.

Based on when your claim started you are entitled to it. The letter will only tell you what you already know. It won't tell you when to expect the payment.
  • M_1967
    Options
    Could it be possible they included it in the back pay when they first paid me?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    M_1967 said:

No, not at all because all COL payments are paid separately from your usual money.
  • M_1967
    Options
    M_1967 said:

No, not at all because all COL payments are paid separately from your usual money.
    Thank you.
  • M_1967
    Options
    Just an update to day I received my £150 COL payment today.  Thanks for the help.  Much appreciated 👍
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great stuff, thank you for the update @M_1967! Did you have a good weekend?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • M_1967
    Options
    Very relaxing, thank you.  Hope you're well 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.