Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid? - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text received saying I have been awarded PIP, should I be worried that I haven't been paid?

Options

Comments

• M_1967
    M_1967 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone.  Hope you are all well and keeping safe and warm 🎄☃️🎅
  • chuma
    chuma Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Recieved positive text on dec 22. Do you think the bank holidays will affect the 3-5 day timeframe as I'm yet to see the pip in my bank. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,820 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chuma said:
    Recieved positive text on dec 22. Do you think the bank holidays will affect the 3-5 day timeframe as I'm yet to see the pip in my bank. 

It's 3-5 working days so yes Christmas bank holidays will affect when payment will be into your bank. Possibly the end of the week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chuma
    Options
  • chuma
    Options
    Hello . Does anyone with previous experience know what time pip could be paid in ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    chuma said:
    Hello . Does anyone with previous experience know what time pip could be paid in ?

Whatever time your bank clears the payment. Mine is usually after 3am but some are quite soon after midnight.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mine is 00:15 or a few minutes later (I get an app notification which I see when I wake up), I’m with one of the major banks too.
  • xlaux
    xlaux Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    My partner got his text the 23rd December. We are waiting for his back payment also. 
  • simox
    simox Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I had my text on the 22nd and still not been payed yet should I be worry
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    simox said:
    I had my text on the 22nd and still not been payed yet should I be worry
    Give it until tomorrow and phone them.
  • Jon1964
    Jon1964 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I applied for PIP October 17th had a phone assessment, on the 22nd December received text saying “We have awarded you PIP. We have sent you a decision letter explaining the award. Please allow 2 weeks to receive this. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change.” Phoned them last week and was told back payment will be in my bank Wednesday 4th January so from start of applying for PIP and receiving a decision 2 months pretty happy with that
  • simox
    Options
    I called them. I had my text on 22nd and payment was sent out on 30th. I hope this info can help ova ppl
  • simox
    Options
    Ok I am still waiting. Call both the bank and PIP. Pip saying it been sent. And bank saying there nothing showing or even pending 
  • Jon1964
    Jon1964 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Received text 22nd December backpay yesterday letter received today 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    simox said:
    Ok I am still waiting. Call both the bank and PIP. Pip saying it been sent. And bank saying there nothing showing or even pending 

PIP should be able to tell you exactly what day it will be paid into your bank.
  • simox
    Options
    So I have to now get a bank statement and send it into the PIP as I still not got money and was told that I was send the COL sent out too and not got both...
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no, how frustrating @simox :( I hope this gets sorted for you soon.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you with this. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • simox
    Options
    So call them again today to see if I can fax the info over. And for the 1st time they ask for my bank info... And oh look saying that could be the prob. Why not just do that from the 1st call not the 4th 
  • simox
    Options
    So I was told today that coz I give the wrong info that PIP Will not do anything to help me as the bank need the pip to recover the money so I have lost £2,500 I just want to cry
  • poppy123456
    Options
    simox said:
    So I was told today that coz I give the wrong info that PIP Will not do anything to help me as the bank need the pip to recover the money so I have lost £2,500 I just want to cry
    Did you give the wrong bank details? If so then DWP can’t pay you again until the money they paid out is returned to them. 
    Have you spoke to your bank regarding this? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.