Ash Wednesday - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ash Wednesday

Options
13»

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Steve_in_The_City It's such a shame you cant deal with newsprint anymore, I hope things change where you can deal with it, or another medium can be available :) I sometimes listen to the audiobook as well as read the physical book. I like seeing local libraries offer more audiobooks.

It is such a shame, I bet you have some great stories from your editing days. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,783 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I finished all my Easter chocolate now 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    I have a small bit left that will end up being finished today  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,783 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a small bit left that will end up being finished today  :D
    Enjoy 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I still have some Easter chocolate  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 568 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey to you too, @Hannah_Scope I know Easter is over and done and the thread is old, but I want to respond to your message. It is very difficult for me to respond as it is a confusing scenario. Yet I want to tell my story, but not here and not in the now. I just wanted you to know that I am a very shy and withdrawn type of person, so being in publishing allowed me to reach thousands of people but in an anonymous type of way. 

I was also in the music business so that enabled me to communicate, too.

So although very shy and withdrawn I somehow managed to reach a multitude of people.

I have a serious illness. It is due to pollution. This is why I cannot manage newsprint and glossy magazines, or anything that is scented or gives off a smell. I was declared severely disabled because of this illness in 2007. Being classified as severely disabled is a legal term and not a diagnosis. I cannot walk, but have never been declared disabled because of that.

How it affects me with writing is that I can't communicate properly anymore. I can't remember where to put the full stops for instance. I don't expect it matters to anyone but me.

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Don't feel pressured to share anything you do not want to. I'm so sorry that your illness has but that barrier between you and something you love :( 
    Hannah - She / Her

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Can you believe it's been a year already?!

What have people decided to give up for Lent this year? 

I am going to try my absolute best to not bite my nails. Unfortunately, they get the brunt of my anxiety and stress, and I would just like to have nice nails for a change :D
    Hannah - She / Her

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    You know I have never broken a lent... But bit my nails down :| 
    Hannah - She / Her

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.