My IBD .

Comments

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,356 Championing
    Hi @Hannah_Scope , I'm having a colonoscopy on Monday.  Then we will see what's what . But I was wondering if people with IBD  can also have issues with constipation too . Only I had a big flare up and then after I was having issues with constipation which is not like me yo get that so I just wondered if constipation is part of IBD .
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,906 Championing
    Fingers crossed! I hope it goes well for you :)

Constipation can be an issue and actually something I experienced. I had proximal constipation caused by my medication combination. Ask your consultant to speak with you more about it. Some people like me, needed different laxatives dependent on my symptoms. I know some went the irrigation or enema route. And others found a change in their medications could ease the symptoms. 

GUTS UK have a great information page on constipation if you needed any more information before your appointment.
  • Strawberry1
    Thanks for the information @Hannah_Scope . I'm sure I will get some answers soon.  Thanks again. 
  • Strawberry1
    Apologies @Hannah_Scope , for being such a wimp . 
  • Strawberry1
    It's just I've never had a flare up before and then suddenly gone to being constipated even on the meds I'm on so I started to worry about it . Sorry @Hannah_Scope I truly am sorry. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Yes! and not just answers but a plan to get you feeling better! <3 No need to apologise. We have a running joke with my IBD team because I cry every time I see them 😂 It's stressful and that can be exhausting. 
  • Strawberry1
    Bless you @Hannah_Scope . Bless you .
  • Strawberry1
    It is stressful @Hannah_Scope definitely. 
  • Strawberry1
    I am sorry @Hannah_Scope but I am grateful 🙏.  Thanks. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Don't ever be sorry <3 There are many members here who know how frustrating it is living with a chronic illness and disability. I am glad you have found so much support here!
  • Strawberry1
    Thanks @Hannah_Scope .
  • Strawberry1
    The closer it gets to Sunday and Monday the more I start to fret . I Am dreading taking the prep stuff I really am . Really really worried 😟. 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 831 Championing
    Only just noticed this thread, I have very bad crohns disease and autism (having mutiple operations throughout my life and having a stoma fitted) I am on fortnightly injections of adalimumab for the rest of my life and have to have yearly colonoscopy's and endoscopys. I can relate to how your feeling right now and worried about the procedure, but it is normally quite fast and you'll soon be done. Unfortunatley its a nessasary part of having an IBD is having regular procedures. if you opt to have sedation before the procedure it actually helps to keep you calm and relaxed and it will seem like a dream. The worst part is literally the drink you have to have beforehand rather than the procedure itself.

If your anything like me then you build up anxiety and worry too much over something that later turns out not so bad, and you think afterwards what was I worrying so much about it for. You'll get through this and were always here for support if you ever need it. You can ask us anything and we'll try help you. I will be sending you all the best wishes for your procedure on Monday you've got this.

Take care,
  • Strawberry1
    Hi @rubin16 , thank you for your support.  I've not slept very well but I've planned to pop out . Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.  Thanks again. Take care. 
  • Strawberry1
    Bowel prep stuff tastes disgusting 🫣 😒 😐 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 831 Championing
    yeah it is pretty nasty, normally you can sometimes mix it with a cordial to make it slightly less disgusting. goodluck for your procedure tomorrow
  • Strawberry1
    Hi @rubin16 , I'm drinking Lemoade as well . Many many thanks 😊. 
  • Strawberry1
    Getting hungry now lol 😆 
  • Strawberry1
    Hoping and praying I don't have to go to the toilet many more times tonight lol 😅 
  • Strawberry1
    Going to start my next prep solution very soon.