My IBD .

12345679Β»

Comments

• Strawberry1
    Strawberry1 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 4,361 Championing

You take care too @Teddybear123 , hoping your dog is having a reasonable day today. Take it easy.

• Strawberry1

Thanks again @Teddybear123 . Your a true gem πŸ’Ž.

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

I'm with you on the back pain today @Strawberry1. Have you got a heated blanket or wheat bag that could help?

• Strawberry1

Sorry to hear of your back pain @Rachel_Scope . I hope you have something that can help you . I don't put heat stuff on my back only my front if it's necessary. Some pain killers if it's very annoying would probably be my train of thought for that but I have to be very careful what I take. Some medications can cause me really bad side effects unfortunately . Make sure you look after yourself please don't over do stuff if you can avoid stuff. Take care πŸ™‚ πŸ’•

• Strawberry1

My stomach is really bubbly today. ( could be because I've had antibiotics) .

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Sorry to hear that @Strawberry1 I always find antibiotics really play havoc with my stomach. But I found probiotic yoghurts helped a fair bit.

• Strawberry1

Hi @Albus_Scope , hope you are reasonably alright πŸ‘. Thank you for the feedback I appreciate it 😊. Take care of yourself and I hope you have a reasonable day today 😊. Best wishes.

• krs1958
    krs1958 Community member Posts: 35 Connected

Sorry, I forgot to post the results of the colonoscopy. Mild signs of inflammation so the medication seems to be keeping it under reasonable control.

I’ve had a scan on my liver last Sunday as the PSC is active according to the last blood tests. I hope that’s not getting worse as there is no treatment.

Some good news I’ve now lost 46 kilos. Dieting eating 1000 calories a day. 22 Kilos to go. This has so far taken around 8 years.

• Albus_Scope

Oh wow, congratulations on the weight loss @krs1958 that's brilliant news! And I'm glad to hear the results were good too. 😊

• krs1958
    krs1958 Community member Posts: 35 Connected

Thanks for the encouragement. I’ve come off the wagon quite a few times over the years but only by the odd meal. My blood sugars are lower but with my heart issues I can’t do exercise. I would be lying if I said it was easy but slow and steady is at least for me the best way. Both me and one of my dogs have now lost weight.

I get a great boost buying new clothes in a smaller size. I hope to complete my weight loss by my 67th birthday next August.

• Albus_Scope

Oh bless em, they certainly look a lot happier!
    I'm glad things are slow and steady for you, that's how you win the race after all. Occasional slip ups are fine, you're only human after all and I don't see any issues in an occasional treat. As for the clothes, I know that is such a huge boost to confidence, so well done you! Here's to August 2025! ❀️